debtors

butre

hi

i am looking for a good book keeping package for my wife's business, i am undecided yet between accounts and icash.

Icash seems the more comprehensive package but there is 1 thing i am not able to figure out.

under the header balance you have various types

Banks
Portfolio
Assets
Debts

is it possible to add another type namely Debitors.

when generating an invoice i never get paid at once, it always takes up to 30 days and in that case i want to create a transaction which allows me to track all my debitors.

i am able to do this with accounts, but there are many things i cannot do with accounts and my preference would be to use icash.

many thanks
rogier

butre

I would implement this by creating a new type and add debtors and creditors

it would mean you will have the following types:

Banks
Incomes
Expenses
Debts
Portfolio
Assets
(startup)
Debtors
Creditors

Or what you can do is let the user define these groups, just as you allow different categories/accounts to be created.

is this what you meant?

thanks

cs

butre said:
under the header balance you have various types

Banks
Portfolio
Assets
Debts

is it possible to add another type namely Debitors.

when generating an invoice i never get paid at once, it always takes up to 30 days and in that case i want to create a transaction which allows me to track all my debitors.

i am able to do this with accounts, but there are many things i cannot do with accounts and my preference would be to use icash.

Why are you asking for a new _type_ of account when what you want is in fact an account (that you can add yourself) within one of the asset types? (Preferably in Portfolio, I think.)
If you check out Accounts that is where they have placed it.

:)

butre

that is a possibility as well but i would rather place it as i described it :D

in the meantime i have placed it under assets but it is not really an asset (need to get paid first)

cs

Well, it is still an Asset. Just as any other promissory note.
And just as for the other accounts in Portfolio the value is uncertain until you cash it in.

ptroxler

Assets / Debtors

The way I resolved exactly the same issue is by creating a new category under assets named "Debtors" with individual accounts for my key debtors in this category. So it is according to accounting standards (i.e. debtors *are* an asset category) and I can easily get an overview of my key account customers.
/pt