Currency transfer in Scheduler

coopea

Is there any way of scheduling a currency transfer at a nominal rate of exchange? I regularly transfer money in multi-currencies and then use reports to see when I will run out.

Thanks

coopea

What I mean is that I transfer money from one bank account in sterling into another bank account in a different currency. I do this on a monthly basis. At present I only seem to be able to do this one at a time and then copy the transaction from one month to another. Scheduler does not seem to handle it because it does not allow multiple currencies as transfers. I understand that I could only use a nominal exchange rate but I could modify it once the transaction is completed.

The benefit of having it in scheduler is that it allows me to use reporting to check out cash flow.

[P.S. I think this reply may appear twice because I had it as draft and then submitted it but I could not display it. So I submitted it again. if so I apologise]

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Indeed the scheduler doesn't support currencies, only same currency transactions. The problem here is what rate will you use?

coopea

I would put in a nominal rate because even with currency flunctuations they trade between an upper and lower limit normally. Therefore I would use an average figure and correct it at the time of actual exchange.