comcast limits

gmpmusic

my emails stop going out and i get an email from comcast saying i have exceeded my limits. I am way below the stated limits. Is this a settings problem in Maxbulk Mailer ?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
It is a server problem. The server sends an error as soon as you have reached any of the established limits. The MaxBulk Mailer settings to work with that are explained here. As far as I know Comcast has a delivery limit of 3 connections, 20 deliveries per connection, 100 recipients per message every 60 seconds.

austing

Most email providers imposed these limits since it will be tagged as a possible spam attack. Research about using your own SMTP server. This is the one used for sending emails.

peterpica

Since switching to from Verizon to Comcast, I can no longer send bulk emails... Could you please share your settings with me so I can try out? Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but it's not working.

Thanks in advance if you can help out.

peterpica

Thanks much Stan.

Couple things... I was getting an error watching the transcript of the distribution MP's screen and saw that it was switching from POP to ESMTP. I changed my settings (see: http://peterpica.com/settings.png) and it's working fine now except that I'm getting a few stoppages, then having to wait a few moments, minutes, and resending to complete the mailing. My list is 384; stopped twice.

Still it's working now. Thanks again! :D