Click-Through Tracking script Integration - Suggestion

Garfield

Has anyone improved that script or know any better script?

Important info:
# Who opened your message (and how many times)
# Who clicked what links in your message (and how many times)s)
# Number of views or link clicks over time

Suggestion for maxbulk:
Insert a good script with maxbulk. Maybe an script to upload to the user server and tmaxbulk connects and gets the tracking info, so you can see the result of the campaign and create a report.

Maybe with maxbulk directly or creating an special tool (as done with email bounce handler)

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
We will very likely enhance current Click-Thru tracking script soon. The idea is to integrate it with MaxBulk Mailer in some way.

ursnueesch

Hi all
I'm Urs from Switzeland and also look forward to such a enhancement.
I 'm really interested in knowing who is clicking my links.

Thanks for MaxBulk Mailer!

Urs

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
No, but you can still use our current click-through tracking script. With v6 we introduced remote lists. It took months to get that script finished. Now we will work on a Click-through manager but I think it will be ready for v7.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I think the feature will be added to our Mailing List manager (MLM) so with one single install of MLM you will be able to both handle lists remotely (as of today) and perform click-through tracking. It will be far much advanced that the script we already offer for free called 'Maxprog Click-Through tracking script'. It will work on a similar way but collecting more data and with the possibility to either use plain text files or mySQL. And most important it will be integrated in MaxBulk Mailer, I mean, a new 'Stats' icon will let you watch all kind of click-through information for any delivery.

This is the idea right now. The project will be closed on june and then I will start with the development. I you have any idea please free to talk.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Update -- I am working on Click-Through tracking with MLM

The new script right now logs the date and time of the click, the delivery number, the message subject, the clicked URL, the recipient data (First name, last name, Company and email), the list it belongs to, the total recipients of the list and the IP number.

Is this enough?

As usual you will be able to use plain text or mySQL and I will integrate it to MaxBulk Mailer so you will be able to fetch the Click-Through data and get stats directly from the app.

Garfield

Hello,

Just remember a user can read a message several times not just one and the email could include various URL (and click more than one and more than once).

Also should be included Total values for a campaign (for example: Total views, Unique Views, total link clicks,...).

Please, post more info when available.

Thank you.