Click-Through not working

krenders

Hi,
Thinking of upgrading from 2.9 and downloaded the demo version. Maybe a stupid question but how does one click-track? I did a test with some mails but I don't see anything appear in the Statistics window. Just FYI, I successfully installed MLM and can correctly upload a list from my mac via MBM to my web server (mysql & php) and I also enabled Click-Through in the Preferences. But when I send out an email in HTML format with a link, clicking on the link doesn't do anything. I checked the source code of the message I received and apart from the "demo/unregistered" paragraph, I don't see any additions...
Thanks

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
What does the link look like in your message once received? Do you see the MLM URL added to it?

krenders

It looks like it was designed, the underlying HTML has not been altered. The message was sent in "HTML Only" format. May I assume from your remark that when I sent out an HTML mailing, MaxBulk Mailer will modify every link in it to be able to track clicks on it?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, to perform Click-tracking, the URLs are all modified. Are all your URLs starting with 'http://'?

By the way, your problem is very similar to one a user had a few months ago. You should find the full thread in this forum. He fixed the problem.