Changes in iCash v7.5.7 that should not have been made

CommonSense

Hello,

I have just updated to iCash v7.5.7 and would like to point out a few changes that have made this version less easy to use that previous version, upto 7.4.8. I hope you might consider re-introducing these again as they were very useful features.

1/ There is now no possibility to edit the 'Transaction Type' and so we are stuck with the ones that are in the default list.
2/ Earlier when entering a transaction in the window pane at the bottom, we could edit the 'Origin Account', 'Target Account' and 'Payee/Issuing' list direct from the drop-down boxes. This is now no longer possible which means one has to leave the transaction pane and go through about 3 extra clicks to add new entries in these groups. That is not good design.

Do you not agree?

Thanks

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
1/ There is now no possibility to edit the 'Transaction Type' and so we are stuck with the ones that are in the default list.
You can edit the list as usual, do you mean you can't access the list? Or dod you want something else/different?
2/ Earlier when entering a transaction in the window pane at the bottom, we could edit the 'Origin Account', 'Target Account' and 'Payee/Issuing' list direct from the drop-down boxes. This is now no longer possible which means one has to leave the transaction pane and go through about 3 extra clicks to add new entries in these groups. That is not good design.
Not sure I understand. Do you mean you can no longer type text on those fields? I ask because I don't see that problem, I can type text and it auto-completes as usual... Can you give me more details?

CommonSense

You can edit the list as usual, do you mean you can't access the list? Or dod you want something else/different?
I can't seem to find a way to edit the Transaction List, perhaps I am not looking in the right place. But what I was trying to say is that in the earlier version (7.4.8 ) if you clicked on the dropdown arrow then at the bottom there was an 'Edit' selection that would bring up the list of transactions in edit mode. This is missing now. I have attached a couple of screenshots and the filenames should tell you what they are.

Not sure I understand. Do you mean you can no longer type text on those fields? I ask because I don't see that problem, I can type text and it auto-completes as usual... Can you give me more details?
Again, same as before. You can't edit the Origin and Target accounts from within the dropbox list. This uses to be the case earlier which made it very easy if there was a new target account you wished to set up. You could edit from within the dropdown list. See attached screenshots.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I can't seem to find a way to edit the Transaction List, perhaps I am not looking in the right place. But what I was trying to say is that in the earlier version (7.4.8 ) if you clicked on the dropdown arrow then at the bottom there was an 'Edit' selection that would bring up the list of transactions in edit mode. This is missing now. I have attached a couple of screenshots and the filenames should tell you what they are.
Right-click instead of a left-click and you will see the 'Edit' option as the unique option :)
Again, same as before. You can't edit the Origin and Target accounts from within the dropbox list. This uses to be the case earlier which made it very easy if there was a new target account you wished to set up. You could edit from within the dropdown list. See attached screenshots.
Same here, right-click instead of a left-click but the menu is 'Add Account...'.

CommonSense

Thanks for the reply. I had actually tried right-click before but forgot to mention it. When I right-click on the link for 'Transaction Type' or 'Target Account' or 'Origin Account' or 'Payee/Issuing' or 'Amount', I don't get a list from which I can select Edit or something, but instead a window appears which says 'Recent Transactions'. So there appears to be something not correct with the link. I have attached a screenshot showing what happens after I have right clicked on 'Transaction Type'. You can see it in the lower half of the image.

Please advice.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
You have to right-click on the combo-box dow arrow on the right, where you usually do a regular click.

CommonSense

Ah.... I can see it now. But wouldn't it have been better to have the Edit come up when right-clicking the name? Also, I can't add any additional names to the 'Transaction List', which is a pity, but no matter - the number of entries in the existing list should be enough.

Thanks again.