Change columns in recipient list

rafaji

Hello,

I have to type the addresses directly because I get them either from phone calls someone else answers, writes down and hands to me, or from a desk where people provide us with their addresses writen on paper forms. When I type them into the recipient list, it helps changing from field to field using the TAB key, and having the "Company" field between the name and the e-mail adds one key stroke. I know it sounds silly, but it is a reflex and before I know, I have already typed the e-mail address in the "Company" field, so that I have to fix it, doubling or tripling the time to add new recipients to the list.

My question, or suggestion, is to be able to rearrange the way columns are displayed. I know the new location of the "Company" column works better for some users, but we don't collect nor need that information (we send a Newsletter with concert schedules, which is rather a matter of personal preference, so people don't usually care to tell us where they work), so I think having the possibility to move or hide columns would add flexibility to MaxBulk Mailer.

On the other hand, this isn't really a major issue. I am really happy with MaxBulk Mailer, I think I bought it since version 2.x or 3.x and I do think it's been getting better, although it tends to be a little slow (it takes quite some time to switch from tab to tab, or from one document to another). Still, it delivers what it offers and it does make bulk mailing an easy task. :)

Best regards

Rafael

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
One other solution is to double click the entry. You can then use a form. Not sure you will spend more or less keystrokes though. I am not sure whether we will provide a way to rearrange columns any time soon. Actually you can't imagine how many complains I received in the last years because of the 'Company' column not visible on first line...

rafaji

Thank you very much. I guess it is not easy to keep everyone happy. Well, actually I know that for sure: I work for a symphony orchestra and while some people find some music beautiful, others simply hate it, there's no way to get unanimous applause. :D

Best regards

Rafael

ronchicago

Recipient columns

Not being able to adjust the names, sequence of columns means someone would have to change the headers on an existing database to match, right? I was testing the demo before purchase and I wish to import from FileMaker. After a few tries and looking around I am assuming I won't be able to use this program, right?

R

ronchicago

change columns

note: front end designer here so not very good at database questions. i have imported as a merge (.mer), a text delimited comma (.cvs) and a database file (.dbf)

i can't figure the proper import i guess. i can't figure out how to match headers, records with same in filemaker so everything merges/falls into place nicely.

r

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Just rename the columns first. Then use the import function to load your csv file. Note that renaming columns is not required, it is just to fill more comfortable.