Can't locate the results file

scott

Just purchased the upgrade (v3) and found a problem I didn't experience with v2 - I can't find where the results file ends up.

Supposed to be in the same folder as the file I'm checking, but nothing's there. Yet the Extractor Window indicates it's done and shows the number of good, bad and duplicate emails it found.

Also, where would the files go if I dragged and dropped a URL, since it didn't have an originating folder? Same for clipboard files - where would they end up?

The Preferences don't indicate location of file - only how the results will be processed.

This worked perfectly for me with v2, so I don't think I'm overlooking anything.

Thank you for your help.

-Scott

scott

Found a work-around

Found a solution to my problem, though there's still a bug in the program.

I changed my preferences to Merge Results, which gives me a Save As dialogue box when I process files, so I can determine where they go.

Without Merge Results, however, no files are created - I searched my computer for any file containing the phrase, "good.txt" or "bad.txt" but came up with nothing.

scott

Problem Solved

I clicked on the Factory Settings button in Preferences. Everything worked fine. So then I reset what I had changed previously and it all functions as it should.

-Scott

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting. Actually without merging results, the results are saved to the input file directory. It is clear that in the case of the clipboard and internet drops it will not work. I will look into that.