Cannot access ANY remote lists

kev

I deleted a few records and MBM deleted them from my SQL tables, but I cannot now access ANY of the remote lists I have.

I cannot access via the web interface.

Stats works fine.

If I try to upload a list to MLM the first letter of my domain name is missing after 'To' in the upload dialog.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
From the web interface you can access the statistics but not the lists ???? That looks like a table corruption... Your mySQL adming panel should have options to check and repair tables.

kev

Checked the error log:

Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 550068307 bytes)

Never had this before!

kev

All the latest files.

21/04/12 for lm.php and the other 4 files.

JUST CHECKED:

MyListName.in 27k
MyListName.in 0k
MyListName.in 540kb
MyListName.in 550.1MB ??????

It's a list of around 6000 names.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
You will have to contact your web server support then. Either you thru your control panel or your server support can assign more memory. By the way, don't you use mySQL? So why so you have that 'MyListName.in' file? This is only when you store list on text files.

kev

All this happened after I deleted a bunch of records. I could see MBM actively removing the remote files and now it's not working.

I've been using the same setup for months without any problem, so I would say me deleting a number of files made MBM corrupt something.

What could it be?

I keep copies of list locally, but not with the same name as MyListName.in

Why are these lists on my server then?

kev

Deleted the files in The 'lists' folder on my server. At first I could see all my remote files... now I can't.

Checked with phpMyAdmin and all is ok.

What's wrong?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
The stuff in the lists folder has absolutely nothing to to with mySQL, when you set MLM to use mySQL data is saved to mySQL, when you set MLM to save the data to text files then those text files are saved to the 'Lists' folder. There is no relations between the two storage methods.

kev

stanbusk said:
You will have to contact your web server support then. Either you thru your control panel or your server support can assign more memory. By the way, don't you use mySQL? So why so you have that 'MyListName.in' file? This is only when you store list on text files.
The files stored in the list folder relate to the SQL files, so why did you say these are there only when you store text files?

kev

stanbusk said:
The stuff in the lists folder has absolutely nothing to to with mySQL, when you set MLM to use mySQL data is saved to mySQL, when you set MLM to save the data to text files then those text files are saved to the 'Lists' folder. There is no relations between the two storage methods.

Ok so can you explain...

List folder only server is empty. When I got to remote lists in MBM, I have no SQL lists showing.

I then upload a local list to MLM.

4 files appear in the list folder on my server and the uploaded list shows in the remote list.

kev

My mistake, in setting SQL was switched off.

I remember switching to text from SQL as there were a few posts about the security of MLM.

Still, this does not answer what I had a 500MB file on my server. I had a HUGE number of duplicate entries in there.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
If you select mySQL for data storage MLM doesn't store anything on your web server, data is saved in the mySQL tables.