BUG unable to remove address duplicates in 8.5.6

LeoC2

While you appear to have fixed the upload problem when loading large lists there is now a problem when trying too remove duplicate email addresses. I get the following message
Bulk%20Error.png

LeoC2

stanbusk said:
Can you give me the very exact list of steps you are following?

Simple, I loaded several lists from the Mac's address book then chose to Find Duplicates from the drop down menu. It takes a very long time to go through the list of about 5,000 names when before the update it was nearly instant. If I tell it to remove the duplicates I get the error. If I tell it to deactivate the duplicates that works fine.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
If you don't mind I prefer a list of steps with menu names. In MaxBulk Mailer you can do things in many ways. If you give me the exact steps so I can follow them to reproduce the problem, I will investigate it.

--
Follow maxprog.com on Facebook | Google+ | Linkedin | Twitter | YouTube
and keep up-to-date with the latest Max Programming updates!

LeoC2

I thought I was pretty clear in the post. There is only one menu item that applies. I'm not sure what you're asking now but let's try this:

1- Click on the IMPORT icon in the menu bar
2 - Choose "From Address Book" in the drop down menu
3 - Choose a Group and uncheck the "one email address" checkbox
4 - Continue to choose other groups as needed
5 - At this point there are a little over 6,000 names in the list
6 - From the RECIPIENTS menu select CHECK FOR DUPLICATES
7 - Click REMOVE in the message box
8 - Previosu;y this would only take a couple of seconds but now it freezes for about 20 seconds then I get an error as show in the attached screen image.
9 - The only way around this presently is to choose DEACTIVATE instead of REMOVE.

Bulk%20Error.png