Bug Report (Mac and Windows)

ctt

Any kind of dredging is causing the program to fill the default rules and current file rules with many copies of the same set of factory rules. I have verified this issue with both Mac and Windows in attempting to dredge 10k emails in both Mac mail and then exporting to a text file and attempting to dredge a text file in Windows.

This same issue is causing the program to operate very slow and hang up upon closing and re-opening..

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
It is weird because there is no relation between the rule creation and dredging. I really wonder why that happens to you :-/

ctt

Where are the default preferences stored in Mac and in Windows? All I need to do is delete them back to factory default. I know there is a button to do it in the app, but my mac will no longer even open the app, it just eats 100% CPU attempting to open, even leaving it running for hours..

ctt

Okay, to replicate it exactly, maybe it is actually another function that is causing it.

It appears it could be after dredging..

I am adding one custom rule.

Subject "remove" then get the sender.

Then I go to Dredge..

After dredging I go to export, select email only, and check the box on the bottom to clear out the records.. I believe that may be when it is replicating the rules..