budget?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, both budgeting and forecasting are features that will be added soon to iCash. We will start adding budgeting support. Feel free to describe how you would like the feature to be implemented.

drei

Budget Feature Requests

Ideally one should be able to enter budget figures on an annual or monthly basis on single accounts or categories.

Annual figures should be broken down in equal parts on each month, to allow comparisons of budget and actual figures on a monthly as well as on an annual time frame.

I'm looking forward for that feature being added!

art.mcgraw

Budget Feature

Hi, Good to know the budget feature is in the making.

In outline, the basis could be :

i/ Entries
Using the Overview account (Name column) headings in a spread sheet view invoked via an additional Budget tab, the amounts could be straightforwardly entered month by month, item by item, with sub-totals and totals following the Overview scheme.

ii/ Reports & Statistics
The main report could follow the Detailed profit and loss statement listing plus Banks, showing budget, actual, and the offset between the two. Statistics would follow the All (types, categories, accounts) headings, again showing budget, actual and offsets.

In the Statistics chart, provide for column split (as in a spread sheet) so as to keep both line and column headings visible when scrolling January through December, or quarterly and so on.

pilot

Adding a budget and forcasting will be really good news.
don't spare the horses !!

This is about the only program that supports qbo (quick books) files.

:lol:

Janvan

Budget Feature

I am just setting up my ICash account and truely love it. The one feature that I really miss is the Budget/Forecast Feature. So you can imagine how happy I was to read this forum thread. Great.

I do need to forecast my winery expenses and was thinking of doing it in Excel... :( i do need to get some feeling of my finances soon.

Without pinning you down on dates, can you give us some indications of when these features will be available??
Lets say.. will they be available in February 06?? 8)

Thanks

Jan

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
First, we will release 3.0.5 (maybe labeled 3.1) which includes a lot of fixes and enhancements. After that we will be ready to look for budgeting. Actually we also use iCash and I personally need a budgeting and a forecasting feature as well. The question is is doing it the right way.

Janvan

Budget

Hi,

As it is urgent, I decided to make the Budget for me in Excel this time. If you like and If I can contribute, I can send you my Excel file when its structure is finished.. It might help. If you like drop me an email to let me know where to send the file..

thanks,

Jan

manuel.schmidt

Budget functionality

Hello,

are there any plans by now when there will be a budget functionality available? Really looking forward since this is the only thing I am actually missing on iCash.

Manuel

Rose

Budgeting?

I love iCash too but am really missing the Budgeting part (tho split transactions, when available, will would be nice).

A couple of quick suggestion:

Quicken has a fairly nice one. Showing scheduled budget (which is adjustable) and actual budget.

Also I am visual and would love a category-colored pie-shaped graph form (which, by my recolection, Quicken also has)

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
All the info added to this thread will be taken into account when adding Budget support to iCash.

art.mcgraw

Budget Feature

Do you have time line on this now?

It would be treat to be able to have this for setting up budgets in 2007.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
This feature will be available on next major release. I guess it will be available on 2007 first quarter. Note that we use iCash ourselves as well and we also need that feature.

art.mcgraw

stanbusk said:
This feature will be available on next major release. I guess it will be available on 2007 first quarter. Note that we use iCash ourselves as well and we also need that feature.

Good news, thankyou.

GuySpy

Budgeting feature

I have recently switched from PC to MAC and am currently trying to use MAC variations of some PC programmes. I was an avid user of Microsoft Money and find iCash to be a good alterantive. I am looking forward to the budget planner but would also like to see some balance readout on the transaction page for each bank account I enter new transactions in. For example if I know how much to pay on car isurance in 6 months time, in Money I could post date that entry and the balance would take that into account so I knew how much money I had available. Under iCash I could do the same but the only clear way of seeing the balance is on the overview screen. Therefore, it would be helpful to have a balnce figure just above the transaction box, so you could see instantly the effect of that and future transactions. Does this make sense to anyone?

User11

stanbusk said:
I was wondering if you have an update as to when the next version of iCash will be released? Also, is the stated purchase price of $30 apply to new users, current users that want to upgrade to the new version, or both?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Abut 'GuySpy' request, a screenshot would help.

About prices, $30 is for new licenses. Upgrades use to be half that price.