Bounces, opens, click through log ???

crazylev

Hi Stan,

The company that hosts my web site has a mail server that I just found out allows a greater number of emails to be sent out.

I will be using MBM to send out <4000 mails. My server allow upto 3000 per day with some hourly and bounce restrictions.

I plan on installing MLM, following you instructions.

Will I be able to get the following "reports":

1) a list of bounces complete with persons name and email?

2) I'm guessing opt-outs will just be an email reply to me from the actual email, and then I can just delete from my master list.

3) bounces- will there be a 'report" or log for this as well? Can these report/logs be exported so that I can open them in Excel?

I was using Constant Contact, and the one thing I did like we're the statistics you could retrieve.

Any other info greatly appreciated.

Jonathan Levin

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
1) a list of bounces complete with persons name and email?
Yes but you need to use [URL http://www.maxprog.com/site/software/in ... eet_us.php]eMail Bounce Hander[/URL] and enter the MLM setting to the eMail Bounce Handler preferences.
2) I'm guessing opt-outs will just be an email reply to me from the actual email, and then I can just delete from my master list.
With MLM addresses are removed automatically from remote lists, and local list if you activate the corresponding setting in the preferences. An email is sent for your information only.
3) bounces- will there be a 'report" or log for this as well? Can these report/logs be exported so that I can open them in Excel?
You can look at what you get in eMail Bounce Handler.

crazylev

Stan,

The answer to what I wanted to do is in my other thread:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7152&p=24794#p24794

In MLM, in not only get an exportable list of bounces, click, opens, etc, but the bounces have the persons first and last name and company, which I wanted.

EBH gives you just the list of email addresses, but I am now getting it to integrate with MLM.

Thanks.

Jonathan