Bounces Not Deleted From Server

maryfndn

I read the FAQ regarding bounces not being deleted from the server, but it is really confusing and doesn't seem to suggest how to make it work.

Can anyone tell me why bounces are not being deleted from the server even though I have it set up to do so?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Do you see the DELE commands in the connection log? IF eMail Bounce Handler is the only application accessing to your mailbox, messages marked with DELE command should be removed as soon as you log out.

maryfndn

Yes, the DELE commands are in the connection log. The problem may be that Bounce Handler is not the only application accessing the mailbox.

We get legitimate email at the same address as the sender of the bulk mail. By making the return-path, from, and reply-to all the same (that is, a legitimate email address), we've found that we can avoid spam filters much more effectively.

My problem is basically this:

1) I send out the bulk message in the evening before I leave for the day.
2) I have Bounce Handler scheduled every twenty minutes.
3) The next morning, I open my email to find hundreds of bounces mixed in with normal responses to the message.

I was hoping that Bounce Handler would remove the bounces from the server, thereby preventing my normal email program from needlessly downloading a bunch of bounces.

sstewart

Bounces not deleted from server either...

My bounces are not being deleted either, although it is checked, and Max Bulk mailer is the only other client i have running (sending out the blast of course). do i need to not be running these at the same time? One of the reasons i bought it was to help get that stuff off the server so my mailbox would get so full that Max Bulk Mailer could not deliver (that was a problem). I am using POP, no other clients running, except as mentioned above. Any help?
:cry:

sstewart

when i try to make the trouble ticket, iT makes me download a webdumper program in spanish. i really need someones help. i have my logs and some screenshots. The bounce handler is not working correctly. when i have the program running and i go to preferences, it gives the the "about" screen. can i communicate with someone via email? HELP ME! It is not deleteing messages off server.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Click on support link above, then select eMail Bounce Handler. On the page bottom you have as link to create a new ticket.