Bounce handler runs throgh 15 or emails and stops

Square

Hi there:

I am testing the bounce handler. I am getting into a GMAIL account. POP3/IMAP/TLSv1

It runs through maybe 15 emails and locks up. I restart and it does again (but maybe 20 emails this time, or 5, etc.)

Am I doing something wrong.

Also, my email list is on a MySQL server. Is there a way to automatically delete emails with 10+ hard bounces from MySQL?

Square

Yes I did in POP and IMAP. Even more peculiar, I get different email totals in each setting. Please note that I am testing the product. Is that the reason? I thought it would go up to 100 then stop.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
No, the reason is Gmail actually, the worst choice you can make for using bulk email software.

Square

Not a problem. I will switch it to my domain email address to collect bulks. I will need to build up bunch and try it again.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Anything except free services like Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail... Free services are very limited.

Square

Works MUCH better using my domain email.

When selecting email to export I saw there was the HARD | SOFT and Quantity options. But what if I just wanted to export every HARD bounce >10 , not every email with bounce > 10?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
This setting makes eMail Bounce Handler consider the excess of soft bounces as hard bounces. It allows you to export hard bounces and those soft bounces excess.