Bounce Handler is not detecting bounce

Hi,
I have a 69 errors messages in a mailbox, from the maxbulk mailer 8.4.6-es under windows7, which I try to get by email bounce handler (3.8.6-es under windows7). The log says at the end:
+OK 18434 octets
4/17 12:38:19 ~ Mail Subject: '[Mail return notice] Email to [email protected] has been returned.'
4/17 12:38:19 ~ Applying rules to "[Mail return notice] Email to [email protected] has been returned."
4/17 12:38:19 ~ No bounce found.
4/17 12:38:19 ~ Status: Messages downloaded = 69 of 69
4/17 12:38:19 > QUIT
4/17 12:38:19 +OK Logging out.
4/17 12:38:19 ~ Status: Mailbox pointer = 70
4/17 12:38:19 +OK Server has quitted successfully!
4/17 12:38:19 ~ Status: Messages deleted = 0 of 69

I see:
· No bounce found

Why it's no detecting bounce?

In the software the checkbox for delete is active. I didn't change any configuration, and before it works fine. Any suggestion will be glad...

Thanks in advance.

Joan

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
The software has a rule editor. We have added a few sample rules. You can add as many as you need. Better if you add them to the preferences, that way they will be added to all new documents.

Thanks for yor answer, Stanbusk; the fact is that the rules are the same like always and before it works fine. I didn't change that configuration.
In othe hand, I will create new rules... let's see...
Thanks in advance.
Joan

crazylev

I am currently having the same issue. Non of my email bounces are registering in EBH.

None of my setting s have changed from a month and a half ago when I last used it.

Log file:

6/3 12:00:43 ~ Status: Connecting to mail.levinphotography.com (POP3) Port: 110 Security: None
6/3 12:00:43 +OK <[email protected]>
6/3 12:00:43 > USER [email protected]
6/3 12:00:44 +OK
6/3 12:00:44 > PASS *************
6/3 12:00:44 -ERR authorization failed

Not sure what ERR is.

I have my Apple mail program closed during my send too.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
The '-ERR authorization failed' errors means your credentials are wrong, either the User ID, the password or maybe both of them.

crazylev

I have not changed anything. I even re entered password, user, etc. Is the ERR something that would prevent me from getting bounces? Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks.

JL

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
That error prevents you to log into the server. The server says your credentials are wrong. You can't process bounce without authenticating with the server first.

crazylev

Well I can't figure out what's going on. None of my info has changed. I re-entered everything.

Is this something that has to do with my provider? And what would I even ask?

I just did an entire mailing without the help of EBH.

Thanks.

Jonathan