Blank emails being sent when using Unsubscribe tag

rulacompte

I'm using Maxbulk Mailer 8.5 with Sendgrid and everything works fine until I uploaded MLM to my server and used the Unsubscribe Tag. The emails being sent are blank. It is showing the Subject but message body are gone. I tested sending to different emails like aol, gmail, yahoo all blank. It works fine if I don't use the Unsubscribe tag. I tried using the hyperlink format for the unsubscribe and the email is fine but of course I get an error message when I click on the link (email_addr cannot be found). Can we use an html link for unsubscribe? By the way I'm using the remote list. When I click on preview, I see the email that I'm going to send and if I click on the Unsubscribe it works fine but when I send the email I receive a blank email. I'm stuck for days now... can anyone help.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Have you checked if the MLM URL in the MaxBulk Mailer preferences is correct? It has to be the URL of the lm.php file on your server.

When did you download MaxBulk Mailer? What operating system are you using?

rulacompte

Sorry for the delay...

Yes the MLM URL in the MaxBulk Mailer preferences is correct. It looks like this
http://mywebsite.com/lm/lm.php . When I click on Go, it opens my browser and
goes to MLM Login page.

I purchased and downloaded Maxbulk Mailer Pro on June 8,2015
and I'm using Windows 7.

rulacompte

After I log in I clicked on Show List then clicked New.
Entered the new list name then clicked ok.
Takes me to MLM > Lists and shows me the new list that I created.
When I clicked on it, it shows my email address. Above it says Add Recipient.
I clicked on it and Filled in the blanks and added a new email address then clicked Ok.
No error so far.

I clicked on Main Menu, clicked on Show Lists then clicked Upload, clicked Browse, chose 1 of my text list then used New List as my Target list name. Action=Append, Duplicates=Dissallow then clicked Upload.

And this is what I got "0 address(es) have been uploaded to 'Newlistname'.
MLM has found 0 duplicate(s) and 0 bad address(es)."

When I check on my Newlistname nothing was uploaded.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
A list has to follow this format:

Firstname1<tab>Lastname1<tab>Company1<tab>Email Address1
Firstname2<tab>Lastname2<tab>Company2<tab>Email Address2
Firstname3<tab>Lastname3<tab>Company3<tab>Email Address3
...etc...

julianovenecui

Same problem here. :cry:
I'm using Maxbulk Mailer V8.5.1 on MAC OSX 10.11

- Only when I place the tag [Unsubscribe], emails are sent blank.
- My MLM URL in the MaxBulk Mailer preferences is correct.
- The unsubscribe link works ok.
- No error logging into MLM and creating new recipient lists.

julianovenecui

I tried to send to myself to 4 different e-mails, with plain text and html using "ISO8859-1" and "UTF-8"

And all of them are coming in blank.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I tried myself as well but everything works as usual. Note that MaxBulk Mailer 8.5.1 was reuploaded a few hours ago. The previous upload was not signed properly and the disk image has caused problems to the contents.

jwoelfel

Same thing is happening to me. Updated to 8.5.1 on Oct. 22, 2015. Now half of time my text/html emails are being sent blank. I'm using the same template I've been using for months. Absolutely no error messages. Login to remote list works perfectly. Preview in program looks good. All recipients in list show as sent. Client sends me a snapshot for the 2nd time showing the blank email they received. I've used this program flawlessly for years. I need a solution please.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
There are no reason for that. We originally post a faulty 8.5.1 version, mainly a problem with the application signature and the disk image. We fixed the problem and upload the disk image again. Since then we haven't received any more problem.

Try to delete all copies of MaxBulk Mailer from your computer, empty the trash, reboot your computer and download again the app [URL http://download.maxprog.com]here[/URL].

If it still fail please add your MaxBulk Mailer document here (with no account data nor recipients).

Still not solved!
I re-installed the MAC version --> still blank emails when using the "unsubscribe" item.

Then I tried with the windows version of MaxBulk --> the same result.

bdaane

I'm having the same issue when just using the [Unsubscribe] tag in "remote lists". it works when using a regular list but when I use a remote list - which I have to do to make it work with MLM - and all emails come over blank. I sent out 200 emails before someone told me about the issue. Please help!

BY THE WAY - I tried my blast with an older version of MaxBulk - 8.4.9 and it seems to work fine. This has to be a 8.5.1 issue

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I have 3 cases like yours and we are trying to find what you have in common. Please zip and attach your MaxBulk Mailer document so we can check it.

Prodrive

Hi Stan, here we are experiencing the same problem with 8.5.1 DE. Fortunately we haven't updated another machine so that we can work. If I remove the unsubscribe tag everything works fine.
See attached one of our files.

Regards
Lutz

BTW: The extension .mbm is not allowed to upload. See screenshot

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, could you send a message to yourself, select to see full sources and send me all that?

Prodrive

Hi Stan,

Happy New Year to you.

had no time to look into that before Christmas. I hope the enclosed files are what you are looking for.

Regards

Lutz

BADIFF

Hello,
I have exactly the same problem !! This is extremely embarrassing and shows a bad image of our company to our 30 000 customers… Thank you to find a quick solution.

At your disposal if needed.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Open a support ticket so we can discuss this. The issue you have is only effecting a couple of users only. No significant data or info has brought light on this.