Autocompletion not working?

mid2

Hi,

I just switched to an iMac intel and to iCash 3.1.1 (and now 3.1.2).
When I insert a new transaction, it seems that the autocompletion of the fields works only for the "Transaction type" field (I think that is the english label, as I am using the italian version).
The following fields (Source account (?), Destination, etc. are no more auto-filled when I start typing, so I have to choose the data from the popup-menu, and insertion is much slower.

Is it a problem related to intel machines, or to the new release?

Regards,

Paolo

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Open the account manager and check if all the accounts are activated. If they are, close your file, select it from the file manager and rebuild its index.

mid2

Hi, I rebuilt the index, but nothing changed.
When I insert data into the "Source Account" or "Destination" fields no autocompletion is still available; also, typing in these fields is much slower than usual; my guess it that, for every character I type, iCash tries to lookup the database, but no match is found.
I also tried the "Low level diagnose" (ok) and the "Check data" (ok, too).

Any idea?

Regards,

Paolo

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Would it be possible for you to send that database to us? To [email protected] Feel free to delete transactions is you feel better however I will be the only person to have access and the file is destroyed after the tests. I would like to try to reproduce the problem here in case it comes from the app or the operating system.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I have received the file and checked it with a new iMac Intel. I can use auto-completion as usual. I think that comes form your system. Have you tried to create a new Mac OS X account and try your document from it?

mid2

Hi, I tried what you suggested, but nothing changed.
But, as you wrote that it worked for you on an iMac intel, it had to work for me, too...: I exported everything with the QIF format, and reimported data in a newly created file - not it seems to work perfectly.

Thanks,

Paolo

ilbricco

Hello
i'have the same problem with icash 3.1.2 it
I have a PowerPc G5 2.1 mac os 10.4.5
If i export everything with the QIF format, an reimport, a large amount of transactione are "non defined". but the autocompletion is ok.

Saluti

Lucia

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Rather than exporting and importing using QIF, have you tried to perform an XML dump and create a new document importing from it? Should work 100%.

mid2

Hi Lucia,

I also noted some problem (missing transactions) when exporting in QIF, if I specified the start and end date; I could retrieve everything, instead, when I selected "not defined".

By the way, I did not try to export/import using XML, and I just think it's the safest way.

Ciao,

Paolo

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I finally found the problem. For a few tables like 'Accounts' search are case sensitive. I will fix that for next version. Thanks for your file Paolo.

randolph34

I also have the problem that the autocompletion won't work. Even reimporting all the transactions to a new file doesn't work.

Do you have a fix for this?

Regards,
Randolph

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
You have to use last 3.2.1 and run the 'File | Tools | Check Data' function. That will restore searches to case-insensitive.

randolph34

Hi Stan,

just did that. It's working now again for the fields transaction type and payee. But the fields origin account and target account still don't work. Here it's the same as Lucia mentioned, typing in that field is very slow as if the program is checking something.

Best regards,
Randolph