Attempting to verify results

ziggyjagger

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere and I just haven't found it...

I sent out a large number of emails generating roughly three thousand bounce messages. I put them all in one folder, exported them as a text file, dropped that on Email Extractor and came out with about half the number of emails I would expect to. Duplicates I expected plenty of (and got) as most returned mail has the address you were sending to more than once...

The question becomes, has anyone else run across this? In a manual sampling of these bounced emails I'm not seeing any duplicate emails (though it's not a huge sampling), but it is important that I know the integrity of the lists I produce using this. I need to pull bounces and unsubscribes and act and report accurately on them. Coming up with only 1800 email addresses from 3000 emails makes me question the integrity of the output. I have unchecked both items that would reject an address for case or numeric data and get the same result... Thanks.

ziggyjagger

stanbusk said:
Have you tried to use eMail Bounce Handler? I designed that product just for that!

I have... I export a folder from Outlook 2003, drop the text file on e-mail bounce handler, and it doesn't recognize any as bounces. Trying to determine a way to export what it needs but will have to revisit it early next week... Thanks...