attach a note

esseggi

is there (will there be) a way to attach information to an individual transaction or account in form of a note that contains e.g. a lengthy text, a picture, a link etc. The "comment" section is too small ... Thx for attntn
esseggi

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
You have a Memo field that is quite big. Select the transaction and the 'Transaction > Edit' menu. The memo field in on the second panel. You can also attach a file to each transaction, a picture, a PDF, etc...

esseggi

thankyou for your indication about a Memo field for the individual transactions. Is there a similar thing for the accounts? I cannot find it ..

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Not for accounts right now. Accounts only have a comment field. Do you want a memo field as well?

esseggi

Yes, I think it could be useful to have a memo field where one can put one's notes about specific accounts (e.g. why one has a opened that bank account, who is the contact person, what that insurance covers etc.). Thx

esseggi

Re: attach a note (kind reminder) :)

Hello!
some time ago (july 12) we had a brief exchange about my request to attach a note to the accounts. May I kindly note that you said: ok I take note about attaching a note ... :)
I think this feature would be helpful.
Thankyou for your attention
esseggi

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
A project were created and added to the other existing projects. Once the other projects before it get processed, that one will be processed. Projects are created when a user request a feature.

esseggi

Hello, quite some time ago (jul12 & oct14) I respectfully requested for having the possibility to attach a memo to an account. I was kindly informed (if I understood the answer correctly) that my request/project was in the queue. May I also add the request of having the possibility to attach an hypertextual link to an account?
As a long-standing, faithful and paying user of your excellent application, I will wait confidently and promise not to get in touch with you about this topic for the next two years.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, I took note of your request and a project were created. As I wrote several times in this forum iCash were partially rewritten to get ride of old system libraries. It took about a year to do that. During that time we stopped to add new features.