Anti-phishing found a known bad URL in your email message

Moxamint

Hi,

The links included in the email notification I received from this forum were rated as bad URL (phishing links) and deleted by my anti-virus program. Is there any specific behaviors the links were trying to perform that triggered the anti-virus program?

I'm concerned because the links in the newsletter I'll be sending to my clients may be treated as bad URL as well.

I'm using MaxBulk Mailer 8.1. My anti-vuris program is VIPRE 4.

Many thanks if anyone can give me some hints.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Anti-phishing found a known bad URL in your email messag

What links did you receive fro the forum?

Moxamint

Re: Anti-phishing found a known bad URL in your email messag

The following is the message I received:

========== Beginning of Email ============
You are receiving this notification because you are watching the topic,
"1-Click Unsubscribe" at "Maxprog Forum". This topic has received a reply
since your last visit. You can use the following link to view the replies
made, no more notifications will be sent until you visit the topic.

If you want to view the newest post made since your last visit, click the
following link:
VIPRE’s Anti-phishing found a known bad URL in your email message. It was deleted or quarantined, depending on your settings, and replaced with this message. The anti-phishing setting is located in File>Settings under the Email Protection tab.

If you want to view the topic, click the following link:
VIPRE’s Anti-phishing found a known bad URL in your email message. It was deleted or quarantined, depending on your settings, and replaced with this message. The anti-phishing setting is located in File>Settings under the Email Protection tab.

If you want to view the forum, click the following link:

If you no longer wish to watch this topic you can either click the
"Unsubscribe topic" link found at the bottom of the topic above, or by
clicking the following link:

--
The Forum Management
========== End of Email ============

regeek

yeah - that links qualify for phishing at some point

Someone has to check what Google Mail thinks of the default MLM linking in messages.
Also AVG Link Checker can be a concern. The "phising" issue needs more testing definitely, since it can heavily damage sending IP reputation.
Maybe it is worthy to change link tracking options by integration with Google Analytics in the future releases? Just imho.