Search results

1. U

Rename tags

Ok, zoomed in the screen large enough to be able to detect the difference and as you say, the quotes were being 'adjusted'. Once I corrected that, it all worked as it should, even when just typed in directly. Thanks for that, the manual needs to make this clear. The only Headers used are From...
  2. U

Rename tags

We had some discussion a while ago about Alternative Text not working and you found the problem, fixed it and sent me the new 8.5.1 which had the fix. But recently it was showing as unregistered (and therefore not Pro) and wouldn't accept my key. However, I have since downloaded 8.5.1 again and...
  3. U

Rename tags

It now says "Pro registered", but I've reverted to 8.5 and I now have the Edit/Rename Tags option available, but 8.5 has the alternative text problem you fixed earlier this year in 8.5.1. So my question remains, how can I use 8.5.1 Pro, fully registered?
  4. U

Rename tags

Well, I had Pro, but I'm now using 8.5.1 which you supplied with a fix to correct the alternative text bug and as I informed you a week ago, it will not now accept my regn. key. So maybe it's reverted to non Pro functionality. Is the Edit/Rename Tags option only available in Pro? I've not seen...
  5. U

Rename tags

I know this has been covered before and I understand it should be possible to rename the tags for just the one document or to set the default for the app. To do the latter, use the Preferences, but I repeatedly read that to do the former, just use the Edit/Rename tags menu option. My problem...
  6. U

A couple of questions and suggestions

Any update on this? I have a requirement to be able to add together the values in 3 tags. Just simple addition. Is this sort of capability being implemented?
  7. U

Alternative Text

Yup, that seems to have done it. Thanks.
  8. U

Alternative Text

OK, here's a simple test document. As can be seen by simply using Preview, the [Opt1] tag works as it should, but Alternative Text does NOT work for me. I'm using MBM Pro 8.5 US. No idea why US. Maybe that's the only English version you do.
  9. U

Alternative Text

Is there any way to send direct to you and only you. Since it contains a list of people and email addresses, I can't just post that on a public forum.
  10. U

Alternative Text

Sure. How?
  11. U

Alternative Text

Yes, that's the format of the Alternative Text tag I'm using. In fact I can simply copy what I am using as the 'From' address in Settings which is correctly working as it should (the Apple issue being the cause of the previously reported troubles). So the exact same AT tag works in the 'From'...
  12. U

Alternative Text

I think I've got to the bottom of what in general is going on. All the testing I've done has been sent to my own email addresses, all of which are with Apple's iCloud. I have now determined that when 2 messages are sent together, so they'd be one right after the other, Apple's iCloud servers...
  13. U

A couple of questions and suggestions

Can someone confirm whether or not we can use:- Arithmetic with Tags Conditionals in the signature I don't think either is possible, so could I suggest them as new features. Both would be useful. E.g. I want to include NEXT year, but I cannot do that automatically. I can insert THIS year with...
  14. U

Alternative Text

I refer to my earlier reply " I've been using 2 special test recipients that are me, so I can really send " So as you suggested, I set up some recipients that are actually me, so I can really send (i.e. NOT TEST mode) and was having the problems previously mentioned. Right now I am somewhat...
  15. U

Alternative Text

I changed the log level on my SMTP server to try and see why these emails were going astray, after which I restarted the SMPT daemon. I have just done a TEST send with 5 recipients and all were correct. I then tried a real send to me, but with now Firstname or Surname and that was also delivered...
  16. U

Alternative Text

MBM is doing something weird. I've been using 2 special test recipients that are me, so I can really send to test and as mentioned previously, some messages are just not getting through. When I use 'FireBlade Owners Club' as the Surname, the first time it didn't get through. I changed the...
  17. U

Alternative Text

I'm also having a problem when there is no Firstname or Surname entered for a recipient. Since these are to Yahoo Groups, there is NO appropriate name, but the email are not delivered. I have the same problem when using the name of the Yahoo Group (WildHogs in this case) - it was never...
  18. U

Alternative Text

Also, I tried using alternative text simply in the body of the message and that flat out doesn't work. Not processed at all. You just get the full tag in square brackets etc.
  19. U

Alternative Text

I'm using TEST mode. I have some recipients with a special sender address and use an optional tag I've renamed as 'From' to store this. But for all other recipients this is empty as I just want to use the default. So in Settings, for the From field I am using the alternative text so when a...
  20. U

Alternative Text

It gets weirder. If I enter something into the Errors field in settings, that address is used as the From address, ignoring what should be used. When I use the alt. text mentioned previously in the From field, it works perfectly in Preview, with the correct address being used. It's only when...