Search results

1. FLeckie

very low verification rate?

no, I haven't – it is pretty much impossible to talk to them on any subject – they hide behind premium rate technical helplines, with long queues before you can talk to anybody. Is that what my problem is? And can it only be sorted out by them? Do you know why some of the email addresses...
  2. FLeckie

That's not cool... glad to see you're back to normal so quickly! Here is the console message: [01] 7/1 09:49:29 MX <[email protected]> -> [mx-caprica.easydns.com,mx-caprica.easydns.com] [01] 7/1 09:49:29 > CONNECT TO: [mx-caprica.easydns.com] [01] 7/1 09:49:29 Error #22 [01] 7/1 09:49:29...
  3. FLeckie

I did post the console results last Friday, but they seem to have disappeared now – should I post again? Or does this mean you have information you need to identify the problem? Thank you!
  4. FLeckie

Just tested that – got "test unsuccessful" Error #22
  5. FLeckie

I just used email verifier to try and clean up a newsletter mailing list with 7000 names. I usually get about 10% bounce rate when I send out a newsletter, so I thought it would be helpful to check. The result that came back surprised me, because it only managed to validate less than 9% of the...
  6. FLeckie

Where are lists stored in Mac OS 10.8?

Hello I wonder if you can tell me where I can find the Maxbulk Mailer mailing lists on my computer. They used to be stored in a library, but I have recently upgraded the OS to Mountain Lion, the application support library seems to have disappeared... I can't find them in the Applications...
  7. FLeckie

How to send e-mails from website mail server?

thank you – I knew I was being thick! Hopefully, I will be able to use this facility next time I send out a newsletter...
  8. FLeckie

Okay, I am probably being thick, but where do I add this information? I've looked in MaxBulk Mailer preferences and the lm_settings file, but I can't see where it goes...
  9. FLeckie

Thank you, I didn't realise that. I am setting up access to SMTP on the site. When I have this, is it straightforward to send out mailings?
  10. FLeckie

Hello I have been using Maxbulk Mailer to send out my e-mail newsletter for a long time, but a lot of them are bounced as spam, I think because I am sending from my computer, and the ISP details are different from my e-mail address, which relates to my website. I would love to use the mail...
  11. FLeckie

I've lost facility for e-mail tracking statistics

Well I don't know why, but that works! Thank you so much for all your help.…
  12. FLeckie

Right! How can I change that? I have looked in the maxbulk mailer preferences, and it shows the right URL there http://www.independentliving.co.uk/lm/lm.php I may have caused this problem when I tried using the automatic installation for MLM this morning… It didn't work, so I installed the...
  13. FLeckie

here it is: http://www.independentliving.co.uk/exhi ... eview.html I'm also pasting the source code from the e-mail, which is very different! www=2Eindependentliving=2Eco=2Euk/lm/lm/?tk=3DRnJhbmNlcwlMZWNraWUJRkxBCUZMQ=...
  14. FLeckie

Update! I have downloaded your new version today; deleted what I had in the lm folder on my site, and uploaded the new files. Subscribing and unsubscribing from the list are working fine now. I'm still not getting any statistics, though. I sent a test mailing to myself, using "styled text"...
  15. FLeckie

Can you give me any more clues? I don't use mySQL. I have installed all the new MLM elements as you said. Set the permissions to 777 for the lm folder, 755 for the files and folders inside it. If I try to add a name to a list through the browser with the "requests" folder set to 755, it gives...
  16. FLeckie

Hi again No, I have checked and although I can see the lists when I log in through the browser, I can't make any changes to them. I get an error message – for example, when I tried to add a new name to the existing list, I got "Error - Server problem when reading list."
  17. FLeckie

The subscription process won't work at all unless the request folder is set to 777. I have changed the other files and folders to 755. Once again, things go wrong at the confirm opt in stage. I get an error message: Unhandled Error I have tried with the files in the list folder set to 644 and...
  18. FLeckie

Okay, what should the others be set to?
  19. FLeckie

I've reinstalled all the new files in the lm folder, set the permissions to 777, for both the individual files and the folders within the lm folder (but not the separate files within these subfolders). I am still not able to subscribe new names to the list, or generate tracking statistics – I...
  20. FLeckie

okay, thanks. Do I need to reinstall all the files in the lm folder, or just the script, lm.php?