Search results

1. SAW

DKIM problem with MaxBulk Mailer & Email Really Service

We are using a new Email Relay Service (http://www.smtp.com) and are having trouble getting our DKIM signatures to work properly. Their tech support department asked me to ask you (Stan / MaxBulk Mailer Team) the following question: Please advise. Thanks Stan! :D Best, Stephen p.s. These...
  2. SAW

what are thoughts on mailing to “catchall” addresses

I going to use a Mail Cleaning Service to clean up bad addresses from our mail list. Most of these companies are advising against sending to “catchall” aka “accept all” addresses. Do you agree or disagree? btw, I am a huge fan of eMail Verifier by MaxProg! :D We us it all the time...
  3. SAW

lm_prefs > $unsub_silent > Unsubscribe without notification

I need a bit of clarification about how this command works. $unsub_silent = true; // Unsubscribe without notification email When I set it to “true” I still get 2 emails: Email 1) Your unsubscribe request confirmation Email 2) X has unsubscribed from I...
  4. SAW

unable to connect Error#22 after migrating to SMTP.com relay

MBM is unable to connect and send out through SMTP.com (the relay service we use to send our bulk email.) This is what I get: Looking for... Error#22 I have already been though SMTP.com help desk and they do not know why it won't work. They think everything is set up correctly. We dribble...
  5. SAW

advice on moving MLM to a new sever & subscription confirms

Re: move MLM to new server We need to move our long-time-running MLM running MySQL database to a completely new server (with a new host.) What is your advise, or tips, on the best way to do this. Is it as simple as: 1) copy files over 2) copy the MySQL database over 3) update the...
  6. SAW

Where is best place to host the images that are in an email?

The goal is to improve successful deliverability and reduce being blocked by recipient mail servers. In regards to where the images in an email are actually hosted, where would be the wisest place to host the linked images: • On the server that Mail List Manager is on • On the...
  7. SAW

which Email Relay Service is the best?

We would like advice on who you recommend as an Email Relay Service. We send out 100,000 email newsletters a month. Currently we use UnifiedEmail.net But our success rate has been declining. :? Though, I will say that UnifiedEmail’s customer service has been outstanding! We have been...
  8. SAW

how do you add an emoji to the subject

I get emails everyday that have an emoji in the subject line. :mrgreen: How do I do this with MaxBulk Mailer. Thank you!
  9. SAW

mail-tester finds errors with “click-through tracking” on

Long time MBM MLM user, but I have a problem we have never been able to fix. I use the email newsletter tester http://www.mail-tester.com. Mail-tester has been VERY helpful in improving the deliverability of out email blasts. I highly recommend it. Mail-tester grades emails on a scale of 0 to...
  10. SAW

errors

We have had mlm working for years. But today we received a batch of errors. • Error 1) [MLM] mySQL Connect Error in RemoveExpiredRequestsFromDB() • Error 2) 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to...
  11. SAW

MLM & server reputation

Will hosting MLM on a bad reputation server negatively affect my bulk emails being received? I use a relay service server (Unified Email) for sending out our newsletter and that works really well. BUT I use a Dreamhost server to host MLM. That Dreamhost server is on many Blacklists. Since it...
  12. SAW

Statistics hangs when 2nd computer not connected

Hi Stan. We have a main machine (Mac 10.6.8 / MBM 8.4.6) that we send from. We have a secondary laptop that we also sometimes send from. Everything worked fine for years. But now the main computer has to be ethernet connected to the laptop in order to connect to the MLM Statistics. The symptom...
  13. SAW

Count missing from Action column in Statistics

In version MBM 8.3.5, we are missing the count number in parentheses that has traditionally been in the Action column in Statistics. However, we do get the grey triangle on the left of the date, that we can click to show multiple actions. When running an oder version on MBM we are able to see...
  14. SAW

Error - You forgot to provide the list name parameter: &list

hi Stan- When we try to re-subscribe, by clicking the link: If you wish to subscribe again in the future, please click on the following link (or copy and paste it to your browser): http://clients.saw-art.com/mbmmlm/lm/lm ... om&lang=en we get this error: Error - You forgot to provide the...
  15. SAW

migrating MLM from Plain Text to mySQL

Previously we had MLM installed using the Plain Text method. Now we have successfully upgraded to the mySQL method. Is there a way to migrate all the data we accumulated in Plain Text method (over the past years) to the new mySQL method? During the install I pointed the files to write to a...
  16. SAW

how to retrieve cleared History to see delivery Statistics

We mistakenly clicked: Delivery > Clear History Now all of our list of “deliveries” have disappeared from our Statistics window (we had over 650.) This was a user error—whoops! How do we retrieve & recover the History? We are running on a Mac and are using mlm (plain text) &...
  17. SAW

Problem with MAILTO tag with tracking on

I too am having the problem of “[E-mail Address]localhost/” appearing instead of the actual email address, in the reply-to, subject, or body of an email generated by clicking mailto. This error occurs only when tracking is ON. Note, when I turn tracking OFF, it works correctly. I...