Search results

1. D

Autocomplete in Comment field

Hi Stan, for several months now that you have updated the way of autocompletion inside the "comment" field, I have been heavily struggling to use it, and from very friendly this field is now a dreaded one by picking up stuff and forgetting what I have just entered or edited. I also understand...
  2. D

File size

Hi Stan! My concern today: All iCash files I created recently take a lot more space than the ones created long ago. My main (older) file contains 21000 transactions (!), 326 accounts and 24 categories and weights 16MB (compressed is 4MB) and I still use it every day without any noticeable...
  3. D

Transaction type list edit in 7.5.4

Hi Stan, I am not anymore able to edit and customize the "Transaction Type" list in 7.5.4. (bottom of Transaction pane) Before the content text was editable, and I could add items. How shall we do it now?
  4. D

iCash 7.5.4 slower on the Transaction pane

Hi Stan, I just updated to 7.5.4 from 7.5.3 Mac version on Maverick OS. Going to the "Transactions" pane now takes much longer to load (about 8 sec versus about 0.5 sec on 7.5.3). Same when I go to another month within the same "Transactions" pane. Not workable for me. I reverted to 7.5.3, I...
  5. D

Small bug on duplicate

Hi Stan, Just today I discovered a small bug: when duplicating a transaction that is more than 999,999 (which is not that much in Indian Rupees ;-) you get the comma of the million that is taken as the dot of the decimals. For example: 1,110,000.00 becomes 1.10 as the amount while duplicating...
  6. D

Quarterly report minor bug

Hi Stan, Still a very happy iCash intensive user. I just noticed a tiny bug in the quarterly reports: Q4 are always indicated with the wrong year (+1 always). See my screenshot that might replace thousands words ;-) Thanks again for this excellent software :D
  7. D

Importing data

Hi again Stan. There would be a fine tuning to be done, for the import function to be faster. In my office I get somebody preparing A LOT of reports on expenses/incomes that are in .csv format in a shared folder. I just need to import them and all my accounts are daily up to date. However...
  8. D

Emptying trash

In order to keep my iCash file neat, small and tidy I would like to be able to empty the trash data that seems to be remaining in all cases. I tried "rebuild" and "optimize" without success. When I use "cmd i" it still displays 1489 transaction, 72 accounts and 27 categories as Trash. Any way...
  9. D

Comment editing since 7.5

Hi Stan, there is very strange and annoying behavior on comments editing since version 7.5: When one wants to remove any part of a comment, the end of the existing comment (after cursor position) gets also deleted and lost. Please have a look, it is almost impossible to touch up any comment by now.
  10. D

Transaction Type management

Hi Stan! Still an extremely happy and intensive user, managing complicated budgets for a medium size business. Already 13000 entries with no noticeable loss in speed, still a small 10MB data file, and never any crash ever :-) Here again is a request I sent previously, that would make this...
  11. D

Deactivated accounts on Queries page

Hi Stan, it seems that on all deactivated accounts are visible in the 2nd line of queries (Into:) which can be a bit confusing. However, it is not the case - they are properly hidden -on the 3rd line (Where:) Please have a look.
  12. D

Thanks!

Hi Stan, thank you for implementing the requested feature: "Append" in comments for multiple entries editing. It works GREAT and it is pretty handy to be able to add as many keywords as one wishes. That gives an almost unlimited freedom for filtering and searching!
  13. D

Not snappy anymore

V7 has some great improvements, but I am disappointed about the massive loss of speed while switching between most of the windows (using Mac version). The contextual menu to assign projects (add to project) has become unbearably slow when you have dozen of selections to do in a session.... I...
  14. D

Export problem under Windows

Hi! I tried the latest iCash windows version, that I use under windows XP SP3 - I have a problem while exporting transactions: I get all options about the type of export format, but whatever my selection I get a .xls file. To get a .txt I have to enter it within the name. Is it normal ?
  15. D

Paste text in "Comment" field

Hi! I often use "copy and paste" text from excel sheets/Emails to the "comment" field in iCash. Unfortunately the text formatting stays in iCash and disturbs all the other records as well. I need to quit and re-open the file to go back to the default text format. I think "pasting as text only"...
  16. D

OFX problem

Hi ! When I import statements from my bank in OFX (money) format all works fine except for credit card commissions that have (all) the same <FITID> as the purchased item. Only the item record is imported, the commission record is skipped. If manually I change the <FITID> of the commission then...
  17. D

Queries - Comment field

Great software that I am using several hours a day since almost 2 years without a crash ! My today's wish would be to have amongst all options in "Queries - Comments" a "Doesn't contain" option. I am using several keywords in the Comments field, and in some of the Queries it would allow to...
  18. D

Bug in Saved Queries

When a 'transaction type' is added/removed from the drop down menu (in the transaction pane) it creates a bug in the Saved Queries: - if any Saved Query contains 'Transaction Type' 'is equal to' The item shown is then wrong, showing the next/previous one on the list. As if the pointer of...
  19. D

Financial year

The Query item 'Current Year' is only relevant and useful if the fiscal year matches the civil year (1st Jan to 31st Dec). In several cases (like in India) the fiscal year starts April 1st and finishes March 31st. Would be so nice to have a way to specify it in the preferences :-) thanks
  20. D

Allowing empty 'Transaction type'

On editing multiple transactions, the 'Change' panel allows to select Payee / Comment / Project with no data entered, and that clears all concerned fields, that's very handy. Why not allowing the same on 'Transactions type' ? It would also be quite useful :-)