Search results

1. L

Sending text messages

No that's not what I said at all. To send a text via email you need two things... the receiver's cell number and what service they use (ATT, Verizon, etc.) Then the email addess becomes phonenumber@service. For example sending a text to someone who's uses ATT is simply address the email to...
  2. L

Sending text messages

Simply just that, as I state in my original post I was able to send SMS text messages to my own phone and others by using the format phonenumber@cellservice in the email address field for example, sending a text to myself was simply entering [email protected]
  3. L

Sending text messages

Has anyone ever tried sending text messages? I experimented a bit and sure enough it's possible by using the email format of [email protected]. In other words the service might be txt.att.com or verizon or whatever. It even worked when sending through an SMTP bulk mail router.
  4. L

Trouble with sending a web page

MBM 8.5.6 won't display in preview nor send a web page.I 's set up as a web page in the message pane but I get nothing.
  5. L

BUG unable to remove address duplicates in 8.5.6

I thought I was pretty clear in the post. There is only one menu item that applies. I'm not sure what you're asking now but let's try this: 1- Click on the IMPORT icon in the menu bar 2 - Choose "From Address Book" in the drop down menu 3 - Choose a Group and uncheck the "one email address"...
  6. L

Simple, I loaded several lists from the Mac's address book then chose to Find Duplicates from the drop down menu. It takes a very long time to go through the list of about 5,000 names when before the update it was nearly instant. If I tell it to remove the duplicates I get the error. If I tell...
  7. L

While you appear to have fixed the upload problem when loading large lists there is now a problem when trying too remove duplicate email addresses. I get the following message
  8. L

VERRRRRY SLOW!

Simple... I choose to import addresses by selecting the Mac's address book. Normally 6,000 emails loads within a few seconds, with the new version it loads 25 at a time very slowly and it takes several minutes to load.
  9. L

VERRRRRY SLOW!

Woah! I updated and now hen importing emails from the Mac address book it brings them in 25 at a time and VERY slowly! Took forever to load 6,000 addresses. I restored the old version and it loads the addresses nearly instantly as before. What's up? Leo
  10. L

Mac OS 10.9

Turning off App Nap for Mailer definitely worked. 4500 emails again takes less than 40 minutes, with App Nap it was taking twice as long. I still have the crashing problem when editing though!
  11. L

Mac OS 10.9

Thanks, at least the speed problem is solved. I didn't even know about App Nap until you mentioned it. Looking it up on the Apple site it says you can use the Activity Monitor to tell you which apps are using it. Too bad there isn't an option to toggle it depending if you're on battery or power...
  12. L

Mac OS 10.9

Please do and keep us updated. In fact, I will also and anyone else should too so that they see this problem is widespread.
  13. L

Mac OS 10.9

YES! In addition to my problems trying to edit text I have also noticed a big slowdown. It used to take about 40 minutes to send 4,000 emails (through AUTHSMTP set to 3 connections). It now takes over 90 minutes. Essentially it takes twice as long now.
  14. L

Mac OS 10.9

Yes those also.
  15. L

Mac OS 10.9

I just did this on the suggestion of your supprt team but it made no difference. I changed it to Arial, should I try something else?
  16. L

Mac OS 10.9

Well you have one now. When I try to edit a message BulkMailer crashes. I followed the instructions on the site to remove preference files, reinstall, etc. but the problem persists. HELP!! Leo
  17. L

Formatting characters appearing in emails

Never had this problem before that I noticed but I'm seeing off characters appearing in emails sent based on web pages. I assume they are formatting characters. What I've been having to do is create text in Text Edit as plain text, paste it into my HTML editor then format there. This doesn't...
  18. L

Passing variables to prepopulate a form

Yes to both. In fact, the tag works fine under other circumstances, just not in the ability to pass it in the above script. If you would like to see how it's working normally send me your email address and I'll forward the newsletter to you.
  19. L

Passing variables to prepopulate a form

I would like to pass a Bulk Mailer variable to prepopulate a form. This would be in the form of a link in the email to each addressee. In theory the link in the emailed message should look like this: http://nyautofest.com/NYAF/contact-us/s ... yourEmail=[E-mail Address] Where yourEmail is the...