Search results

1. G

email address in 'Errors' appears as being also the email address in 'From'

If I specify some email address in the field 'Errors' then this same email address appears as being the one from which the posting was sent, i.e. the email address in 'From' is not used. For example, if the email address in 'From' is [email protected] and the email address in 'Errors' is [email protected]...
  2. G

Problem when the server needs authentication

Recently, our administration enforced authentication and I had to go into the settings of lm_prefs.php, set $smtp_auth=true and add the necessary details in the following two parameters ($smtp_host, $smtp_port). Now the problem is that the unsubscribe process is not working properly...
  3. G

Preferences window not showing properly

Often, the first time I select Preferences when I open a file, the window is not displayed properly and half of it is hidden at the far top left corner of my screen. See attached screenshot. When I hit Cancel and try again, it works properly. I use the latest version of the software (8.5)...
  4. G

Security issue with MLM

Hi. I am having a security issue with my installation of MLM. I am not sure it is wise to post details on the forum. Is there a private way to communicate with you? Thanks George
  5. G

Always starting search from the same email

I use the latest version on a Mac. Every time I start the app, it starts scanning the messages in the selected account from a very old email (say 20,000 emails in the past) al the way to the latest email. But next time I run the app, I get the same behaviour. As if it doesn't keep a pointer to...
  6. G

undelete a local list

I have just accidentally deleted a local list. Can I retrieve it somehow from somewhere? I run MaxBulk mailer (latest version) on a Mac OS X (El Capitan)
  7. G

inserting a tab in the text

I am sure there is an answer somewhere but couldn't find it. How can I insert tabs in the text? When I press the tab button, the application highlights the subject line.
  8. G

Giving values to [Opt] tags (not changing their names!)

I am sure this is a silly question, but there you are. :-) The way I understand the [Opt] tags, I should be able to define somewhere one of these tags to some value and every time I use the tag, the actual value goes into the text. So, if I am able to say something like [Opt1] = Bloom2018...
  9. G

cannot post to forum or can I... test

I am trying to post something and I get the error General Error SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ] Incorrect string value: '\xF0\x9F\x98\x8A \x0A...' for column 'post_text' at row 1 [1366] An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists. I...
  10. G

What is the proper way to add a URL in the text?

Maybe this is a silly question. But just to be on the safe side, when I want to add a URL in a message, do I simply type the URL, as in http://www.somecompany.com or do I need to do something else? I am asking because when I simply add the URL, then what is delivered to the recipient is a...
  11. G

error message by MLM

When I use a remote list to distribute something, I get a few messages of the following form: Any idea what this is?
  12. G

extracting emails from PDF files

I noticed that if I have a number of folders, each one having a rather large number of PDF files, when I use the program to extract email addresses from the first folder it does so, but then when I drop in the second folder the application hangs (I get the spinning ball) and I need to quit and...
  13. G

MLM functionality can only be used from the web interface

I am using the 8.5 version on a Mac. Although the first time I installed MLM I was able to have the functionality of the web based interface from Maxbulk Mailer as well, recently this is not the case. Specifically, from inside Maxbulk Mailer I can create a new list and upload it to MLM...
  14. G

Problem with [unsubscribe] and statistics

I think this is a problem with MLM and not MaxBulk Mailer, even though it originates from the latter. I sent yesterday an announcement and today I realized that the body of the email I sent was not received, i.e. it was empty! I made some experiments and here is the problem: If I use a remote...
  15. G

cannot upload list to MLM

Everything was working ok till today. First I updated from version 8.5 to 8.5.1 (maybe this is irrelevant but just in case I mention it). Second, although my list in question (call it A) was already uploaded, as I was also using in the past a manual way of people to remove themselves using the...
  16. G

application stops downloading and processing emails

OK, for some time now (but I don't recall what changes I might have made in the system at that time to cause this problem, except updating the software to the latest version), the software will connect and start downloading and processing emails just fine. However, at some stage, it will simply...
  17. G

MaxBulk Mailer crashes

I am using the latest version on a Mac running 10.9. I use a mailing list of about 7,000 email addresses. Around the time I have sent something to about half of these email addresses, the application crashes without giving any warnings (the Mac also does not display the usual window that the...
  18. G

MaxBulk Mailer simply does not post any more

Today MaxBulk Mailer simply does not post anything. Once I am ready to post something and I press the send button. the software does not do anything, The spiral at the top right keeps spinning but otherwise there is no activity whatsoever! I use the latest version 8.4.3. Please help!
  19. G

Maxbulk quits all the time

It started occurring just today. When I open a file and I start typing the message to send, the application terminates unexpectedly. This will happen every time I open the file, after a few seconds :-( I use the latest version and my OS X is 10.8.2. Any hints?
  20. G

password not kept correctly

Evert time I run Bounce Handler and I select from the settings the account, it displays the name and the stored password in dots. But when I hit the Start button, it fails to start complaining about the stored password. I have to re-enter it every time (even when I re-save it, next time I start...