Search results

1. asta

Statistics messed up

By "same ID" you mean subject line? Then no. I have sent maybe seven bulk mailings, and they each have a different subject line.
  2. asta

Statistics messed up

In 7.7 at least (haven't tried 7.8), opening statistics are a mess. For instance, in a mailing sent today, there are opening "statistics" for people not on the mailing list. And many of them are reported to have opened the email before it was sent! I'm assuming MBM is for some reason combining...
  3. asta

1-Click Unsubscribe

again: what more do you need from me? here is my step-by-step set up: i followed all of your instructions. this is a plain vanilla installation. i have a single list it is served on mysql in maxbulk i create a message in text/html i add an unsubscribe tag using the tags popup i send the message...
  4. asta

1-Click Unsubscribe

what can those of us who have this issue do to help you reproduce it? what information do you need? and is it possible for you to think through the possible causes/fixes for this issue without being able to reproduce it? this is not an isolated issue, but one shared by other users.
  5. asta

Unsubscribe not Registering

Well, no. As discussed in another thread [Unsubscribe] does not work since it tries to read "remote list" not the proper name of my sql database. My workaround was to provide a link to the html subscribe/unsubscribe page. If the only way to get unsubscription tracking is to use the one-click...
  6. asta

Yes, I do have a link to the unsubscribe page and I assume these are unsubscribes . . . I'm just wondering why they would not appear on the "statistics" page as unsubscribes. There my unsubscribes are "0". Could that be because they have not confirmed their unsubscription or something like that?
  7. asta

Use MLM on 2d Computer

fixed: for some reason trashing all the maxprog preference files and folder in app support, then restarting maxbulk, did the trick. i was able to transfer back the mailing lists and some account preferences. don't know why this worked but it did. also, be advised that after i changed the...
  8. asta

Use MLM on 2d Computer

what folder or file is maxbulk calling when i hit "statistics"? is it lm.php or something else? i can't figure out why my second computer has permission to call MLM to get the remote list but does not have permission to call MLM to get statistics -- so maxbulk must be looking someplace different
  9. asta

evidently yes previously there were 14300 addressees, now there are 14270
  10. asta

perhaps related: i did a big mailing to xxx recipients now when i go to the remote list i see i have xxx minus 30 recipients did these 30 people unsubscribe? and if so, why are there no unsubscribes on the statistics page?
  11. asta

Use MLM on 2d Computer

ok, but when i click "statistics" maxbulk obviously wants to go somewhere on my server rather than a local folder because i get a warning from my computer (not from maxbulk) that "you do not have permission to access the server" so, where specifically on the server is maxbulk trying to look...
  12. asta

Use MLM on 2d Computer

so when a user accesses the statistics pane MaxBulk calls the server? i.e., maxbulk tries to connect to the mlm folder on the server? i thought it went to the sql file since statistics are in a table there where is the statistics file kept on mac 10.6? also, for clarity, when i open maxbulk...
  13. asta

Use MLM on 2d Computer

is that the "admin" log/pass or the sql log/pass?
  14. asta

Use MLM on 2d Computer

10.6.4 client and server. So, once a message is sent from a remote list, only the sender's computer is able to see statistics for that message, correct?
  15. asta

Use MLM on 2d Computer

I was able to access the remote list on my second computer, but when I tried to access statistics I was give a system warning that I do not have permission to access the server. I figured that was a configuration issue between my server and client, not an issue with MLM. My guess is that when I...
  16. asta

Use MLM on 2d Computer

Can a second computer on the LAN access the MLM database or is the computer that installs MLM the only one that can? If so, how is the second computer set up to access the remote list, click tracking, etc?
  17. asta

1-Click Unsubscribe

my completely uninformed guess is that the programming looks for "remote list" since that is the name used in the popup menu on the recipient pane in maxbulk.
  18. asta

installed . . . now what?

Ok, that's all good. Quick question: I bought MBM Pro -- is MLM Pro included in that installation? I ended up buying the $10 MLM Pro download anyway. Was that a mistake? After buying it I saw no difference in the files, so I did not upload the Pro version of MLM to my server. Should I?
  19. asta

1-Click Unsubscribe

I'm doing exactly that. I tried styled text and text. I tried adding [Unsubscribe] by hand and by using the tag pulldown menu. My workaround is just to include a link to the subscribe/unsubscribe page in my html, so its not such a big deal that one-click unsubscription is not work, still . . .
  20. asta

installed . . . now what?

Stan -- I read all that. One of the problems is the docs for MLM are scattered about your website in no clear order. There are several pages that deal with MLM. The user has to more or less track them down. For example, I still don't know the difference between MLM and MLM Pro. I don't know if...