Search results

1. P

Automated unsubscribe and subscribe messages

Hi Stan, with some recipients I have a strange experience: When I send them a mail I always get a message that the recipient unsubscribed from the respective list and immediately thereafter a second mail that the recipient subscribed again. Also I get a mail from the system with the...
  2. P

Another problem: Error messages saying "UTF-8 addresses not supported"

Hi Stan, hope you are well. Today I encountered for the first time a host of error messages saying: "UTF-8 addresses not supported". For the moment MaxBulkMailer is totally unusable for me. Please help. Regards Lutz
  3. P

In some cases mails are received in an unreadable format. Is there anything I can do about it?

Hi Stan, From time to time I receive complaints from recipients that the mail are received in an unreadable format. See enclosed file. I think, that the receiving program does not recognize the right format and therefore displays the mail wrong. Is there anything I can do or is there a setting...
  4. P

Problems with sending data to MBM since updating to FileMaker 18

Hi Stan, I have been using MBM with FileMaker for years without problems. After updating to FM 18 I always get an error message "Access rights have been violated” or whatever the correct translation for "Die Zugriffsrechte wurden verletzt" may be. Do you have an idea what to do? Regards Prodrive...
  5. P

Problems with changed database URL

Hi Stan, I have changed the location of our database. Diagnostics showing no error, access from the preferences panel is also ok. But if I try to access the database from the address panel it show Error #102 Invalid URL. Is there an other place than the settings panel where I have to insert the...
  6. P

Regular crashes when not connected to our office server

Hi Stan, When I am in the office I use to work with the documents stored on our central server. When abroad or at home my MacBook Pro is used standalone. I always experience MaxBulkMailer crashing when I forget to delete the recent documents list, and I got used to not using the statistics...
  7. P

MaxBulk Mailer crashed several times.

Hi Stan, this morning MaxBulk Mailer crashed several times in a row. It wouldn't restart until I took out the "Preferences" file from the library. Enclosed are two crash reports. May be you can look into that. Regards Prodrive
  8. P

Problem with MaxBulkMailer 8.5.2 and FileMaker

Hi Stan, I have a FileMaker script to transfer address data to MaxBulkMailer. After updating to 8.5.2 this script doesn't work anymore. It always says "The file <unknown> is missing". I am using FileMaker Pro Advanced 12.0 v5 with Mac OS X 10.11.3 Because of the bug with the unsubscribe tage...
  9. P

Fonts appear larger in MBM preview than in actual mail.

Hi Stan, it's not a major problem but I'm wondering about the reason. All fonts appear larger in the MBM preview than in the received mail. At least this is the case with the use of Apple Mail on the receivers side. I have not finally checked that with Outlook and other mail programs. Enclosed...
  10. P

Problems installing MLM

Hi Stan, I am trying to install MLM on new location. Installation always stops. Can you see the reason? Please find here the log: 220 Speak friend, and enter > USER [email protected] 331 FTP login okay, send password. > PASS *********** 530 Login incorrect 220 Speak friend, and enter >...
  11. P

How can I create HTML newsletters in a comfortable way?

Hi Stan, we are using MaxBulkMailer to distribute our newsletters. To make them look a bit better I would like to use HTML. But as far as I now know, there is no real comfortable software to create them. WYSWG editors use CSS which are not properly displayed by Outlook. Do you know a piece of...
  12. P

How to update Mailing List Manager to the lastest version?

Hi Stan, As we have modified some scripts to work with our system: Which items have to be replaced to use the latest MLM version? Regards Prodrive
  13. P

Preview of HTML E-Mail looks strange.

Hi Stan, we are testing to create an HTML newsletter using QuarkXPress 7.5. Basically this works fine, but the preview in MBM looks strange: The mail itself looks ok when you open it in Mail: Do you have an explanation for that? You can find the original HTML code here...
  14. P

Umlaut Problem

Hi Stan, have you noticed the solution to the "Umlaut" problem, I posted in the support thread? If not, here it is again: One of our support guys found the reason for this strange behaviour. It's a piece of code in lmfunctions.php. This is the original version: $version =...
  15. P

Incorrect "Unsubscribe" link since MaxBulkMailer 7.7

Hi Stan, sorry to bother you again, but after having solved the MLM problem a new one occured. MaxBulkMailer seems to construct the "Unsubscribe" link incorrectly. I have sent out a newsletter, and people trying to unsubscribe with via the link they get an error, saying that they try to...
  16. P

Update of MLM

Hi Stan, The release notes for MaxBulk Mailer 7.7 say that there is an update for MLM. What do I have to do to install this update? Regards Prodrive
  17. P

MaxProg products in a network.

Hi Stan, I have made two observations you might tackle in course of further development concerning the use of MaxProg products in a network environment: 1. As I wrote earlier, MaxBulk Mailer always tries to connect to a network volume when there are documents in the "recent documents" list...
  18. P

Problem with formatted text mails.

Formatted text mails don't keep their text styles when they are saved. Please have a look at http://bilder.dikom.de/FormattingProb.mov. I am using 6.8-DE on a MacBookPro running OS X 10.5.8. Thank you Prodrive
  19. P

MaxBulkMailer is always looking for our server.

Hi Stan, I am running MaxBulkMailer on my MacBookPro. For some reason MaxBulkMailer now asks always for a connection to our company flie server and refuses to start if I can't connect. So I can't use MaxBulkMailer when I am abroad. What can I do? Regards Prodrive
  20. P

Using MaxBulkMailer as a listserver

A friend of mine has been running a mailing list for a long time using an old OS 9 Mac and Macjordomo software. Macjordomo as an ancient programme can't handle SMTP Auth, so we have to look for another solution. We basically need the function that an incoming mail is distributed to all list...