Search results

1. M

eMail Verifier ignoring 550

FYI - I've now tested this on another G5 PowerMac running 10.4.8 on a different network (not mine) and it too behaves just the same, including in safe mode with no other applications running. I no longer believe that this is not a problem with eMail Verifier itself. Shall I open a support ticket?
  2. M

I'm not aware of anything on my machines that could interfere with your code. The machines that I've tested it on so far have different architecture and different and independent software installations. It happens even when I boot in safe mode. Also, as I mentioned before, this problem...
  3. M

I've now tested this on a G4 Powerbook and a G5 PowerMac as well as the Mac Pro, all running 10.4.8. Its behavior is the same on all three. Are you running 10.4.8? I've tried using different nameservers, restoring factory settings, changing retry and timeout settings, and throwing away the...
  4. M

OK - you are testing on basically the same machine - the Mac Pro. I'm running 10.4.8. I'll get back to you when I've figured out if this problem is specific to this machine.
  5. M

Yes - I tried it from another account and it behaved exactly the same. Are you running on Intel or G4/5? I'll try it on another Intel machine, a G4 and a G5 for completeness.
  6. M

Yes, universal 3.0.2, registered, not demo. Just to be sure I had the latest version I downloaded it again today. You want an address to try? How about [email protected]. See log below, retries set to 2, timeout to 15 seconds. And note the interval between the conclusion of the first...
  7. M

To expand on this problem, when a valid email address is entered into the "Single email" field, eMail Verifier does the following (for no obviously good reason): 1. Contacts the appropriate MX, tests the address and reports it good (green tick plus "Address is valid"). 2. Waits for the...
  8. M

No you misunderstand - it does that for ANY valid email address that I test in the Single Email field.
  9. M

And at the risk of becoming boring, one more thing, perhaps related to the retry issue. If I put a valid email address into the "Single E-mail" field, and run the test, the program checks the DNS and opens a connection to the appropriate MX, followed by the usual transaction, ending in a "250...
  10. M

One other observation on your previous reply - I would expect eMail Verifier to be of somewhat limited value to a user of the kind you describe, since many ISP MTAs are set to refuse connections from IPs without valid rDNS entries, or, even more broadly, any IP that looks like it may be in a...
  11. M

I'm not running the demo. It's a registered copy of 3.0.2 running under 10.4.8 on a Mac Pro. I'll follow your suggestion and open a ticket on the HELO issue. Thanks.
  12. M

OK, I give up on the 550 issue, except to repeat my final question; why does it keep retrying after a 5xx error? Yes, I am on the internet with appropriate and consistent A and PTR (rDNS) records. I have DNS management control of my domain to set the PTR, MX and SPF records, and my ISP set...
  13. M

Thanks for the reply. On the issue of the 550 code, I understand your argument, but I disagree that it is a useful response to label it as "Looks valid". 550 is a permanent negative completion; the AOL MTA is not willing to accept a message for that address. There is no point keeping that...
  14. M

The following transaction seems quite unambiguous to me, but eMail Verifier tries again (twice) with the same result, and then returns a green tick and the message "Looks valid" against the address. Am I missing something here? Also, is there any way to stop it sending HELO [127.0.0.1]? It...