Search results

1. M

Mail Host suggestions?

Verio has many bad points Verio (Hosting 1000) as a mail host: BAD 1. not very reliable 2. often blacklisted by AOL 3. random outages that they don't report on their website -> verio.com is down as I write this 4. support is good... they do pick up the phone 5. emails downloaded...
  2. M

Mail Host suggestions?

Who hosts you mail? Do you like your mail host? Are they reliable? Do they impose too many restrictions like X messages/hr or have strict outgoing spam filters? Is you mail host good for a single user with lots of mail? Are they useful for small businesses with lots of accounts? How is the...
  3. M

how efficient & reliable are mac users finding maxbulk?

MBM is a solid program I would have to disagree. The interface on MaxBulk looks great. It's not 100% intuitive, but takes almost no time to figure it out. Considering how much it does, that pretty intuitive. The delivery reports are very detailed, can be viewed in real time, have a nice...
  4. M

How do I fix this?

Migs, Of the addresses with the 550 errors.... Are you able to send them an email individually through you email account (not using MaxBulk)? If not, it confirms what Stan is saying, that you have been blacklisted. Often the blacklisting lasts 24 hours. Check this site to see if and...
  5. M

554 Denied - What does it mean?

If you get a "554" error when sending mail -> CALL YOUR ISP! Don't mess around with settings, find out how your mail host/isp classifies a "554" error message. Ask them why you are getting the error. -J
  6. M

In Summary, MaxBulk Mailer was not responsible for my "554 denied" error at all. The problem was at the mail host. The mail host was treating our outgoing message as spam and blocking it. Cut and paste from Word to MaxBulk was not the problem at all. MaxBulk Mailer worked great once...
  7. M

Stan, I am sorry that I took so much of your time. You have been very responsive and helpful.
  8. M

Stan, It turns out that the entire problem was VERIO. VERIO has unsophisticated filters on our shared hosting account. They are tagging our outgoing mail as SPAM. Verio as incorrectly states what the 554 error means on their webpages, which lead me down the wrong path. After your...
  9. M

I contacted Verio (the mail/web host), and they state that 554 is related to their spam filter on their side which is blocking the message. Their website FAQs stating that 554 was something different - grrrr. No wonder I couldn't isolate specific characters within the Word file that were...
  10. M

It's a known problem to me as I spent 5+ hours trying to troubleshoot the problem. Also, you suggest not to copy and paste from Word to maxbulk, and you state right there that on rare occassions it can occur - so it's known to be a problem. I have already done this to certain level. Of...
  11. M

Stan, Where do you "recommend avoiding using Word to create messages"? I just re-read your last post. I didn't see it in the docs or on the product site. It's good to know that you recognize the problem with cut and paste between Word and Maxmailer, or else I might have spent more time...
  12. M

Stan, MS Word is the most popular text editor in the world, yet there is no mention of these "known" problems of cut/paste between MaxBulk Mailer and Word. Every other part of the program is great. I recommended it to my client after evaluating many other programs. Inline images and styled...
  13. M

Stan, PDFs are only being attached, graphics are being dropped inline. Part of the probem is that Maxmailer on a 500Mhz G3 ibook is slow as molasses when typing. And that is after shutting down every other application. When other applications are running, it can take 10 seconds to type a...
  14. M

Any thoughts on what specifically within Word is causing the problem?
  15. M

Summary (cut from above post) SUMMARY -Text alone works -Inline image without any text works -PDF attachment (not inline image) has no effect -Inline image where it's supposed to reside in full text (of cut and past from formatted MS Word file) never works SUMMARY -quantity of...
  16. M

testing inline images against "554: denied" errors All messages sent using ifgindigen account at ifg.org to one person at yahoo All messages created in Pro using Format: STYLED TEXT, unless otherwise stated. Pwars-front-cover.jpg is dragged and dropped from the desktop MaxMailer. Full text...
  17. M

I am able to send inline images just fine through the account on one Mac (10.4.7). On another Mac (10.3.9), the inline images are having problems. I am now at the 10.3.9 Mac and will do more tests with different images. I will also check on file nameing to see if that is the issue.
  18. M

The user was successful when sending the image file as an attachment, but it fails with 554 Denied, when the same image is inserted inline. What gives?
  19. M

It's not an issue of POP vs. ESMTP authentication (as noted as solutions for other people.) Verio is the mail host.
  20. M

554 Denied error in MaxBulk Mailer Pro I have a user who is getting the exact same error message. It's not consistent. It seems to be related to inline attachments. I have sent the MaxMailer file that I used successfully to the user, when they use it, it fails. Same settings, same message...