Search results

1. P

SMTP Settings for Sending Through Gmail

MBM 8.7.2 Mac OS 10.15.4 After months of working fine using MBM to send via G Suite accounts, I'm now getting a time out while: "Connecting to smtp.gmail.com Port:587" It tries 5 times and quits. Any suggestions?
  2. P

FR: Command-Click window title to reveal path

For most Mac windows, if you Cmd-Click the window title, you get a menu of the path to the file. You can then select the enclosing folder to open it in Finder. Can we get that in MBM?
  3. P

How to change the theme?

OK, that was really lame of me. Thank you.
  4. P

How to change the theme?

I find the dark theme in the Messages panel hard to read. Is it possible to change it?
  5. P

In G Suite admin, I allowed users to have control of that setting. I then went to the account that I'm trying to send on behalf of and turned it ON. Unfortunately, same error. Waited a couple of hours in case of latency. Same error.
  6. P

I have the same problem. I'm working with two G Suite accounts. One address works fine. The second one, with the same server settings and a known-to-be valid email address and password, gets this 5.7.8 error. (When I use Firefox to log into the account, the credentials work fine.) I tried doing...
  7. P

Feature Request: load previous list

Would be great if re-opening a previously saved message file would automatically load the name of the previously used recipient list. When I reopen a previously saved MBM file, the Recipients tab displays the previously used list, but there is no selection in the option menu -- that is, it...
  8. P

What is "CQk=" ?

On my iMac, running 10.11.6, using MBM 8.6.3 US, I imported ~500 tab-delimited records and got two errors identified as "CQK=". See screenshot. That string does not appear in the source list. I have verified that the source list contains all valid email addresses. The 5 duplicates shown in...
  9. P

Cannot launch MBM

I launched MBM. Got message announcing new version. Downloaded new version. Before installing, I zipped the old MBM folder. Then, installed the new version by dragging into Applications. I clicked the alias to it in my Dock and got the message So, I deleted the new folder, unzipped the...
  10. P

How to Batch Process Blacklist

Thank you, stanbusk. Somehow I missed that in the docs. Nice to find out, too, that dropping a tab & return delimited text file on the list works just fine. Then, I discovered that the bounced addresses (in Gmail) can be dragged one at a time onto the Blacklist. So far, that looks like the...
  11. P

How to Batch Process Blacklist

Is there a way to batch import a list of email addresses to be blacklisted? I've got 50+ bounces (id=550) and would like to be able to process them in a batch. I see in the docs that provision is made for importing a text file named DELETE, UNSUBSCRIBE, KEEP, or DEACTIVATE, but there is no...
  12. P

No HTML in bcc?

Since the CSS and HTML comes from Google Drive, one might expect Gmail to accommodate! Anyhow, I sent them a note about it.
  13. P

No HTML in bcc?

To check that out, I created a test mbm doc and sent a simple HTML message to several of my own addresses, bcc-d to my Gmail account. That worked fine. So, I went back to the original message (not simple) and sent it to the same addressees. The bcc that arrived at Gmail arrived in plain text...
  14. P

No HTML in bcc?

When I send an HTML-only message to a list and I bcc my colleagues, the HTML works fine for the Recipients, but the message(s) my colleagues get has been stripped of the HTML formatting. Is that a feature? A bug? Is there a way around it?