Recent content by steveb-ci

1. S

Latest version mostly doesn't work on older (2010) hardware.

Just an update: Today, on a list of 17k it didn't work. After five hours it had checked 300 addresses, 7 valid, the rest "unable to test". Immediately fired up version 3.4.4 and ten minutes in and it's already check 800 addresses with 700 valid. I don't know where the cut-off point is, but the...
  2. S

Hi Stan. I'm going to put this down to something weird happening at the time of testing. Since my last post, everything is working fine. Sorry to have troubled you.
  3. S

Hi Stan. I had a list of 1500 to clean today. As it's a small list i thought I'd try both 3.7.4 and 3.7.7 versions. Results the same in both! Which now begs the question: Does 3.7.7 have issues with big lists on older hardware, or were the results I got the other week just a one-off. I've got...
  4. S

I tried various settings, then copied them precisely from older version to newer version. Older version worked fine, newer version didn't.
  5. S

HI, High Sierra. It hasn't stopped working as such, as mentioned above, it just constantly hangs and returns most addresses as unable to test. As an experiment, I ran the same list thru 3.7.7 and 3.7.4. 3.7.7 took about four hours to complete with over 70% unable to test. 3.7.4 took about an...
  6. S

HI Stan, just to make you aware, as i didn't see it mentioned anywhere that the latest version more or less won't work on older machines: 2010 iMac, running HS. I haven't used EV for a while but launched it today to discover I needed to upgrade. I did, and then tried to use it. On a list of...
  7. S

Gather all email addresses from any email in an inbox (Apple Mail)?

I regularly send newsletters to large lists, very often the recipients have auto-responders in place, which sends an email back to me. I would like to, en-mass, gather up the addresses for all recipients who send an auto-responder email and remove them from the list. I have tried running...
  8. S

How to reduce the chance of bounces to an absolute minimum

Re: How to reduce the chance of bounces to an absolute minim Hi Stan. You say EV will mark non-co-operative emails as good, but is that valid, or looks like valid? In the rules setting there is the option to mark an email as valid or bad, but not looks like valid. Any reason for this? Thanks.
  9. S

Remove bounced addresses from MLM with EBH?

Being that a hard bounced email is a dead email and the possibility of the same address being on more than one list, is it possible for you to add an "all List" option to the upload to MLM process? So as to check the bounced lists against all remote lists, and remove all instances?
  10. S

Comparing Email Verifier to online solutions.

Of course, no problem.
  11. S

Comparing Email Verifier to online solutions.

I've been on a big test recently, comparing how well the various email cleaning services compare to each other. I started with a list of 1500 emails that hadn't been used in several years. Email verifier reduced the list to 1275 addresses marked as OK, or looks OK. I then ran the list of 1500...
  12. S

Reduce retries to 1, and now it works!

Oh well, not really an problem for me now anyway as since reducing retries to 1 EV has never failed to finish a list :-)
  13. S

Subcribe widget? Or, responsive subscription forms?

Hi Stan, I'm looking at ways to integrate subscription forms into websites. I can do it by adding the subscription form using an iframe, but I'm wondering if you are thinking of making any widgets? On the iFrame front, it works, but the forms are not responsive, so don't scale/stack on mobile...