Recent content by softmartin

1. S

Wine 1.5.15 & icash 7

thanks for your help -- but i an still not there. When I followed the link I couldn't work out which file i should download. I tried VC_redist.x86.exe and altho it appeared in the wine list of processes, it didnt output anything on the screen, so i dont know whether it installed anything, and...
  2. S

Wine 1.5.15 & icash 7

Hallo, I am trying to run icash 7 on wine 1.5.15 and get the error "cannot find framework.dll" Any ideas how to resolve this ?? Thanks Martin
  3. S

error 365833 not a Valentina2 database

First of all, many thanks for all the attempts to help me on this problem. As to trying to open in v6.4.1 this also produced a fatal error. Today I tried the following simple test I sent a file to my partner, who opened it in v6.4.1 ( thus updating it) and sent it back to me. ALthough the file...
  4. S

Hallo, she opened the file in windows, recovered it, sent it to me, I received this error "error updating database scheme.<file> is not a valentin2 DB" Martin
  5. S

Unfortunately, she deletes the back-ups on a regular basis to save space (!) the oldest backup is ca. one month old and produces the same error. I may rebuild the file from scratch, but what worries me is where this error comes from ? Martin
  6. S

Thanks for your advice; however she got the same fatal error trying to open the db in v6.4. Martin
  7. S

yes, however, my partner can still open the file; she assures me that the only change she has made to her machine has been to compress files ( a function of windows xp) but this did not apply to the icash files. Trying to remake our original file using XML gives me an xml error. I also tried...
  8. S

Hallo : big problems ! for the last three years I have been using icash without problem as follows : I receive every month a file from my partner by mail, integrate my data and return the revised file. Two months ago, I suddenly got the error message "error # 365833 not a Valentina2 database"...