Recent content by pfoomer

1. P

A taxing problem

If I understand correctly, you maintain a seperate ledger to account for the tax? Also, if thats the correct way to do it, what is the purpose of the tax fields on the transaction box, entries don't go into a visible transaction ledger (or do they?, however I have never seen them), but they...
  2. P

A taxing problem

more tax If you do not qualify for a tax refund, due to the tax limits of your country, you may not get the 100 back, so your bank balance will be incorrect. I prefer to know exactly what is in my bank, and tax returns are a bonus!!
  3. P

A taxing problem

huh If the tax is collected by the bank, then I assume this is collected tax, if I pay it on the gross interest, then it is paid tax. icash appears to treat both actions in the same way, Withholding Tax according to your reply, appears to be paid tax, ie paid gross and tax paid after I...
  4. P

A taxing problem

more taxing questions Well, the tax is collected and paid by the bank, so I am not sure which is correct, however, if I do another transaction, same figures, using tax paid, the report shows Date Payee/Issuing Gross Taxes Total 18/04/2009 800.00 100.00 900.00 Total: 800.00 100.00...
  5. P

A taxing problem

Am I doing this correctly...? I receive interest from my bank Gross 1000 Tax Collected 100 Net 900 I enter a transaction of 900, with tax collected of 100, this means I actually have 900 When I produce a report, I see this Taxes - Collected Year 2009 Date Payee/Issuing Gross...
  6. P

Upgrade

Thanks, sorted it out.
  7. P

Upgrade

not really, paypal is very cleverly (stupidly) assuming I want to pay in euros, in French (not a problem), but there is no country on the paypal country list (Grand Bretagne/Angleterre) so how do I pay, in whatever currency, using an english registered credit card, while I am in France, on a...
  8. P

Upgrade

I wish to upgrade. I am temporarily in France, but I want to use the link you emailed me, and use my UK credit card. Please advise me of the link to get the price in GBP for the upgrade (yes I know a EUR is almost at parity with the GBP!!) Also, I do not trust paypal, is there an...
  9. P

V5 Transaction page

On the right hand side, last column (right of the reconciliation check box), are some figures a. what are they? b. how can they be made more visible (altering column width does not seem to work, can only see one or two figures) They are not there on V4.5
  10. P

OSX Tiger

Hi will the next major release (v5) of iCash be support under OSX 10.4.11 (Tiger)? The reason for asking is I cannot migrate to Leopard as there is insufficent support for Java (unless I buy another iMac!!). I have already been let down by another vendor of a well known web development...
  11. P

Account Grouping

Each country has a limit at which they will 'compensate' for the loss of deposits/investments in any bank in accordance with that countries fiscal juridstriction. For example, in the country called Narnia, the White Witch bank, and the Beaver bank are subject to this rule, lets assume the...
  12. P

Account Grouping

Ideally yes, with a possible trigger level to flag when the total with the group is greater than the compensation threshold.
  13. P

Account Grouping

A useful addition would be , for these troubled financial times, the ability to group holding against banks, for financial exposure/compensation reasons. For example, Abbey, Alliance & Leicester, and Bradford & Bingley are now owned by Santander. So a, knowing the total per group, and b...
  14. P

Nice to have

On the accounts page, more fields for account number etc ie account number, name, sort, iban codes, & comments
  15. P

Tax Accounting on Interest

Tax Accounting Well I did originally, then I found the report on Tax, so I thought this was the best way to go, it is workable, but I will need to contra out the tax at year end to get the correct balance, as oppose to having it calculated as I go along. This begs the question, what is...