Recent content by emailman11

1. E

MBM not sending emails through host SMTP

the slower the better but man, this was SLOOOOW. I am not sure why but it kept connecting and disconnecting from the server and it took over 3 hours to send 250 emails. They were all sent but this is too slow. Am I doing something wrong here?
  2. E

EUREKA!!! finally. TSV1 works!!!! Thanks a lot! Ok, next question: my host has a 500 emails per hour limit. Would it be best to send email singly and set it to every 6 seconds (just under 500 an hour) ? Thanks
  3. E

how do you do that?
  4. E

I spoke to my ISP and they said 465 and 587 are the ports to use and I tried them both with pop and with esmtp and still nothing. It looks like it is connecting but nothing happens. I wonder what's the deal. Here's a log with POP settings: 01] 6/25 11:21:49 ~ Status: Opening connection...
  5. E

When changing to ESMTP I get the following log: Connecting socket [1] with 1 entries to xxx.com:2525 Port:2525 [01] 6/24 17:12:56 *** SMTP TIME-OUT 1 - 120 s [01] 6/24 17:12:56 --> Reconnecting attempt 1 of 5 [01] 6/24 17:14:56 *** SMTP TIME-OUT 2 - 120 s [01] 6/24 17:14:56 -->...
  6. E

Here's the situation: I want to use my host provider's SMTP for sending emails from my desktop with MBM but my ISP is blocking port 25 so I am using port 2525. So I set it up and MBM is just lingering and not sending. Here's a log: Status: Opening connection for delivery... [01] 6/24...
  7. E

scheduling multiple messages from multiple emails

Here's the link to their site: http://www.smtp-server.com/service-plans.htm the smtp server allows to send a total of 10,000 emails a day. BUT, it must not be more than 200 emails per sender. So I don;t know about bcc/cc. Just wondering if I can set mbm to do that automatically. Feed it...
  8. E

scheduling multiple messages from multiple emails

I am looking to work with a SMTP relay service and send 10,000 emails per day. However, hte 10,000 emails a day have a limit of 200 per email, i.e I must set up MBM to send 200 emails from 20 different addresses. is that possible? Thanks
  9. E

What SMTP do you recommend?

how do I change the ports with mbm?
  10. E

I verified with my host that I can send emails through their smtp but then I found out that port 25 is blocked by my ISP. Any way around this? Thanks
  11. E

Looking for the complete package

Now that I have MBM I am looking to create EFFECTIVE email campaigns. What else do I need to have so I can track openings, handle the bounced mail etc. Please help
  12. E

In conclusion... the best bet is to send steady slow flow of emails through your website host? I hear from you this is the answer. the silver bullet?
  13. E

cool Finally :) I will keep you posted to how it's working. Also, I think you should consider having these instructions in your training material. BTW, i did some searching regarding the mac postfix issue and apparently I will have to have a static IP setup from my isp in order to have these...
  14. E

500 emails per hour limitation So I asked me host and they say I can send no more than 500 emails oer hour, I looked around and I see it's a common practice. So now, would you say my best bet is to set the interval between emails to 8 or 9 seconds so I can send just under 500 emails per hour...
  15. E

Setting A sequence ???

I see OK. That is not easy as I can have a sequence of 20 emails at a time. Maybe you should think of a way to just have mbm open and then it goes fetches the document/file and send it? But I am sure you thought of that by now. thnx