Recent content by ElPato

1. E

What do you use iCash for?

Personal finances - but only for cash-accounts. For stocks and crypto stuff I use PortfolioPerformance (OpenSource Java software). But would be nice to have this also in iCash (probably bridging into PortfolioPerformance?).
  2. E

Investments in stocks

Hi, Stan! Sorry to warm up this old thread, but are there any news on stock- / crypto-mgmt functionality? Best regards, Ronald
  3. E

Feature-Request: "Account Statement"-Report for account type

Hi! While I was trying to make a report I realised, that you can only make "Account Statement"-Reports for "Accounts" account type. What I miss is a "Account Statement"-Report for all other account types: "Portfolio", "Assets", "Liabilities". Do you know what I mean? What do you think about...
  4. E

Bug: Scheduled Transaction for 2018 shows up in 2017 report

Re: Bug: Scheduled Transaction for 2018 shows up in 2017 rep Please see attached screenshot!
  5. E

Bug: Scheduled Transaction for 2018 shows up in 2017 report

Re: Bug: Scheduled Transaction for 2018 shows up in 2017 rep When did you try? Of course it wouldn't show up if it is February, because that transaction is scheduled for January 2018. You will see it if you change the scheduled transaction to February 2018 and try again.
  6. E

Balance-Charts of Forex Account

Hi! Well, let's assume you've bought 150 of USD for 100 EUR 3 years ago. Let's further assume the change in forex weight by: 1st: 1,5/1 USD/EUR 2nd: 1,25/1 USD/EUR 3rd: 1,1/1 USD/EUR I would expect the balance chart to go like... Year 1 - Year 2 - Year 3 € 100 - € 120 - € 136,36...
  7. E

Balance-Charts of Forex Account

Hi! Say, my base currency is EUR. I set up a forex account (say for USD or CZK) and add a transaction to so it has a positive balance. When I now open the Charts-View and set it to "Balance" for that account. I would expect to see the fluctuation in forex value in the graph - which I don't...
  8. E

Investments in stocks

Hi, again! I made some progress here... It is possible to track resource investments, like gold, silver, palladium... As these symbols (XAU, XAG, ...) can be combination with the base currency symbol (EUR). Stock symbols on the other hand would need to change a little bit of behaviour, as...
  9. E

Liabilities within "Money Flow Summary"-Report

Hi, Stan! I read your blog about loans in iCash... Well, I have a different understanding to this - I want to represent my financial reality with iCash (interest is not payed from my checking account, it is added to the balance of the loan account). It looks more natural when I'm adding the...
  10. E

iCash 7.6 release (Hi-DPI/Retina support)

What can I say... The new design on macOS looks just awesome! Grats guys!
  11. E

Liabilities within "Money Flow Summary"-Report

Let me explain following example: You have a loan account (categorised under "liabilities") with say EUR -5.000,- and a checking account. Further more you have a regular clearance of EUR 100,- each month (from checking account to loan account). When you now assume you have some bank charges...
  12. E

Investments in stocks

A regular currency update in iCash is as follows: Request to Yahoo (download.finance.yahoo.com): GET /d/quotes.csv?s=EURDKK=X&f=sl1d1t1ba&e=.csv HTTP/1.0 Response from Yahoo: "EURDKK=X",7.4344,"1/13/2017","1:53pm",7.4344,7.4349 Now, let's assume we have an ETF like "iShares MSCI World Dist"...
  13. E

Investments in stocks

I will wireshark/tcpdump the request/response to yahoo to see if it's even possible... If not it's not needed to add more characters to currency symbol.
  14. E

Investments in stocks

And unfortunately I can't set an ISIN as currency symbol, because they have more than three characters...
  15. E

Feature-Request: Taxes for scheduled transactions

Thank you!