Recent content by DrT

1. D

Double-clicking in Finder does not load files in MBM 8.6.8

Thanks for the suggestion. Things seem to be working now.
  2. D

Double-clicking in Finder does not load files in MBM 8.6.8

I've been running MBM 8.6.8 on a Mac Pro, Early 2009, 2.66 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 20 GB of 1066 MHz DDR3, OS X 10.11.6. It never has loaded .mbm files if I double-click the file name in Finder. I can open the file if I use CMD-O. I've seen that this problem has occurred over the years in PCs...
  3. D

Authentication Errors

Okay. Thanks. I'll let you know if I continue to have problems.
  4. D

Authentication Errors

I just tried WITHOUT the :587 and it worked, but I had tried this before as well when it didn't work. Do you think it could be my network? This time I tried the send at 20:30 so network traffic probably was lower. I had tried to send previously during the regular workday. I also just tried WITH...
  5. D

Authentication Errors

Interestingly, the send worked when I used my work computer (Mac Pro, Early 2009, 2.66 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 20 GB of 1066 MHz DDR3, OS X 10.11.6) and not my home computer (Retina MacBookPro, 15", Late 2013, 2 GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, OS X 10.13.2), and the following settings: MBM Pro...
  6. D

Authentication Errors

I'm having a heck of a time getting MBMPro to send any emails. I keep getting 5.7.8 errors trying to log into gmail, yahoo, Office365, etc. I've copied the Delivery log for one of these attempts below. (It shouldn't be this hard!) I'm running a Retina MacBookPro, 15", Late 2013, 2 GHz Intel...
  7. D

Need MAIL before RCPT error in MBM 8.6.3

I just got a server to work. I've attached a screenshot of the mail delivery report. It was the Office365 server (smtp.office365:587), using TLS v1 Exp and ESMTP (login). This was the first time I used TLS v1 Exp. Prior times I used plain old TLS v1 or one of the SSL settings. Hmm. I still...
  8. D

Also times out with smtp.office365.cn:587.
  9. D

Thanks for the help. I actually had done that, both with 465 and 587, but the send still did not work. I've also tried a couple of different smtp servers, smtp.gmail.com and smtp.mail.yahoo.com, neither of which worked. Right now, with the gmail server, my send hangs with this message in the...
  10. D

I'm running a Mac Pro, Early 2009, 2.66 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 20 GB of 1066 MHz DDR3, OS X 10.11.6 with MBM 8.6.3. I'm getting the dreaded 503 5.5.0 message in the header above. I'm not sure why, but it's possible that it's because the smtp address entered into MBM is using port 25 instead...