Recent content by BMcDonald

1. B

Using MaxBulk Mailer with Mailgun

Hi. thanks for the detailed reply. When I use MaxBulk Mailer with my local ISP, I get an immediate alert in MaxBulk Mailer that an address is bad. Attached screenshot of a test I did with a bad address. I don't get this kind of immediate feedback when running it through the Mailgun server...
  2. B

Using MaxBulk Mailer with Mailgun

Hi. I'd like to draw your attention to a bulk email service I found that does work with MaxBulk Mailer, though with a few issues. I had been using Rackspace for a long time and found out they have a bulk mail service called Mailgun. I set up an account, entered the Mailgun server info into...
  3. B

blank print preview

Hi. I would like to print my preview but seems that's still not something that can be done? When I hit print I only get a header and a blank page in version 8.6.8.
  4. B

Can't send mail via new MaxBulk Mailer 8.6.8 - Authentication Errors

Nevermind. DUH. I must be tired. I didn't read the message closely enough. It said what to do. Switch to ESMTP. Sorry.
  5. B

Can't send mail via new MaxBulk Mailer 8.6.8 - Authentication Errors

Hi. Just got a newsletter set up to start sending out again and it's just not going anywhere. I checked with the local ISP for all the correct server settings and to see if they have any issues with sending out my newsletter and they don't. I remember way back when I sent one out they did...
  6. B

Subscription submission form asking for user name and password?

Well, I don't have any of those files password protected. When I upload the older file, into the same directory, it doesn't ask for username and password. Works fine. My guess was that the newer file was asking for username and pass to post to the database? Good news it the old file works...
  7. B

I just replaced the newer version with the older version of subscribe_single_fixed.php and it works fine now. There's something wrong with the new version I just downloaded in the latest version.
  8. B

Hi. I just renewed support for the latest version 8.6.8 since the old one doesn't work with PHP 7. Everything seems to be working fine except my form for subscribing/unsubscribing is asking for a username and password when I submit it? Now it just says Not Authorized when I make a submission...
  9. B

Errors with MLM online and subscribe asking for user/pass?

Re: Errors with MLM online and subscribe asking for user/pas Well, is there any problem just using the old form? Anyway, not sure how to do what you're say on the new one. I do very little coding. You mean something like? //-- INTERNAL PARAMETERS...
  10. B

Re: Errors with MLM online and subscribe asking for user/pas Well, I turned off the stmp authorization feature and suddenly the subscribe/unsubscribe is all working correctly again. Don't know why, but I'll take it. It's all working again. There is definitely something about the new...
  11. B

Re: Errors with MLM online and subscribe asking for user/pas Yes. I tested it quite a few times and no confirmation email is actually going out. I tried configuring the prefs to use SMTP but when I submit the form It generates these errors. Warning: require_once(Mail.php): failed to open...
  12. B

Re: Errors with MLM online and subscribe asking for user/pas Well, whatever you changed just doesn't work on my setup for some unknown reason. As long as the old version works I'm happy to stick with it. I just need a way for people to subscribe and unsubcribe without being asked for a user...
  13. B

Re: Errors with MLM online and subscribe asking for user/pas I had another guy take a look at what was going on and he found an invisible .htaccess file in the html folder where the subscription form is. That file had this info in it: AuthName "Subscription Page" AuthUserFile...
  14. B

Re: Errors with MLM online and subscribe asking for user/pas Well, we can find anything on the server side that would be requiring a password to submit the subscription form. I used the mlm installer to install a copy over on another domain, secureprocessing.net to see if it would work on...
  15. B

Re: Errors with MLM online and subscribe asking for user/pas I ran the diagnosis and there was a problem connecting to the database. The user name and password was correct, but it wouldn't work. So I created a new user name and password and that fixed that problem. One down one more to go...