I think I need to give a bit more background. Maxbulk Mailr runs on my desktop. The remote list MLM is installed on our xserve.
I did not do a traditional install on the xserve. I dragged and dropped the MLMScripts folder into our website folder.
On the xserve: all the images are in the pictures fold which is in the MLMScripts folder. There is not a LM folder. There are several index.html and lm.php are in the MLMScripts folder not in a subfolder called lm.
On the Desktop: There is an lm folder with in the maxbulk mailer application folder under goodies and the image are again in a folder called pictures which is in the LM folder.
However the url is to the remote list server is:http://www.preres.com/MLMscripts/lm/lm.php
On the server I tried placing the images in the MLMscripts folder (outside the pictures folder) but this did not resolve it.
On the desktop I tried placing the images in the LM folder and this did not seem to resolve it either.